CA investors -- is CA still the place to be? - Posted by AN-CA

Posted by Chris on September 15, 2003 at 13:01:56:

I don’t have any statistics, but I live in SD and I have eyeballed alot of commerical office space as empty. Perhaps pricing reflects this, and you might find a good deal. Multifamily pricing in SD is out of this world high, I would cross that one off the list.

CA investors – is CA still the place to be? - Posted by AN-CA

Posted by AN-CA on September 12, 2003 at 21:16:34:

It looks like we’re going to have quite a chunk of money coming out of 2 projects (sale), so we need to consider our 1031 options. We’re in SoCal, and I’d like to look at something here that we could manage more closely (we’re selling in KS & AL). We’ll have enough cash to buy $1M+ property & maybe get a favorable loan from a national lender.

What do ya’ll think about SoCal? We sold in San Diego a couple of years ago thinking we were going to top out, but it’s still going. There’s a ripple effect on the market in Riverside & Orange Counties.

Looking for some collective thought . . .
AN

Re: CA investors – is CA still the place to be? - Posted by Alex F. (CA)

Posted by Alex F. (CA) on September 17, 2003 at 22:43:24:

Hi,

I too live in SD. As far as apartment complexes I would stay out of SD as cap rates are at 6%. My investment group has been purchasing apartments in other states since 2000. We have other properties outside of California with 10% caps. I have under contract a property in San Bernardino. I believe SB & Riverside is one of the last frontiers in SoCal that has good buys. If you still decide to purchase in SD, I have a 48 unit for $4.2M for sale (not mine, my clients).

Good luck,

Alex F. (CA)