CA Tax Sale Research Questions... - Posted by Tim

Posted by Dan O. on February 12, 2002 at 22:20:54:

Just wondering if you found out any informnation on liens? I too am interested and plan on going to a sale. Are there leins that must be paid once the bidding price is paid? Please let me know what you find out.
All The Best,

CA Tax Sale Research Questions… - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on February 12, 2002 at 13:21:33:


I’m interested in buy property at a tax sale in California. I’m trying to make an intelligent choice, but feel like I do not have enough information. How do I research the property to determine if there are any additional liens? Does anyone have a decent source for info regarding researching tax sale properties? I’ve read through all the documents on the local assessor’s website, but the information only focuses on the terms of the sale.

So far I have the following facts:

  1. 10% down to cover bid, remaining 90% due within 30 days or down payment is lost

  2. IRS has 120 days to redeem the property. If they redeem, the IRS will pay the actual amount paid for the property by the bidder, plus interest at 6 % per annum from date of sale

Any help would be much appreciated.