cabinet rehab - Posted by Dee

Posted by lyal on March 26, 2001 at 08:14:07:

Dee, I’ve had great results with having them sprayed with a white oil based enamel and installing brass hinges and knobs. My handyman will also relaminate the counters (right over the old stuff) and drop in a new sink.
Quick, CHEAP and the results are excellent!!
Lyal

PS: New doors and drawer fronts are another option. Not as inexpensive but still better than new cabinets.

cabinet rehab - Posted by Dee

Posted by Dee on March 25, 2001 at 21:59:32:

Has anyone recently put in new cabinets? Are there any Internet wholesale cabinet sites where I can check on prices? I would like to have installed the white laminate with the oak trim. I live in the midwest. Any advice on how much I should allow for cabinetry in a kitchen area approx 12 X 15.

Re: new “wholesale” cabinetry cost? - Posted by Dee

Posted by Dee on March 26, 2001 at 12:57:32:

Thanks for the replies. Please excuse, I did not previously state there are no cabinets. The kitchen cabinets were never installed. I am seeking “wholesale” approx cost info. Anyone with wholesale cost experience?

Re: cabinet rehab - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 26, 2001 at 08:38:02:

Hello Dee,
My husband and I have a Construction Company. He is a master cabinet builder but when we buy to rehab or money is tight we do as lyal suggests. Paint with new door hinges and knobs make a HUGH difference without killing your pocket. If your going to do it yourself…putting new doors on are a little more tricky and expensive.
You can go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and they will give you an estimate what NEW cabinets will cost you.
Great success,
Dee-Texas