Calculating Comps - Posted by Ed Reilly

Posted by TC on May 08, 2000 at 20:14:13:

You should be able to use your county records online to get your square footage.As far as how your county has this set up,you can go online and it should walk you thru.
My county appraisal district has a general outline of the house and will also tell you the square footage (livable and garage).Hope this is of some help.

Calculating Comps - Posted by Ed Reilly

Posted by Ed Reilly on May 08, 2000 at 19:12:16:

I’ve been trying to calculate comps in my area using recent sales price, bed/bath and total rooms, along with driving by to get a subjective opinion on general condition. I would like to be able to use square footage, but don’t know how to obtain this information without a Realtor. Are there any other ways to get this information? My county has a records search online. Could I find some useful information there? Any othere suggestions on how to determine value? Thank you in advance for your help.

Ed.

Re: Calculating Comps - Posted by Greg Lund

Posted by Greg Lund on May 08, 2000 at 22:13:11:

Ed,
I’m just a “lurker” here, and your post does not say where you are located, so I don’t know if this will work for you. However, residents in several states seem to be able to use the web site listed below.

Go to the site and click ont the “Title advantage” button. At this point, you will set up an account with them, I’ve been using it for a while, and it seems to work great. You can get sq ft / purchase price / price per sq ft / #br / #ba / etc… lots of good info along with comps. You can even get the comps with a map showing the relative location of all the properties

Hope it helps

Greg