Calculator HP19BII - Posted by Ann(HI)

Posted by John Behle on January 11, 1999 at 13:00:08:

The 19 is extremely simple to learn and use in comparison to the 10B. It is far more powerful and has many more functions. It’s not worth saving a few bucks to put up with the 10B. Not that it doesn’t work well. I would rate it third behind the 19 and 17. Possibly fourth, because I still love the 12C, which still holds as the standard of the industry. The 19 is the easiest to use, but in some ways the 12C may be easier to learn with all the courses and classes available for it.

I haven’t seen any courses written around the 19 or 17, though the CCIM courses use the 10B. I teach a generic three step process that is quite simple to use on any calculator. You can then discount a note on any calculator - even the nerdy - but functional Casio watch calculator. I used to have one, but I do way to many un-even cash flows to use a simple calculator.

Calculator HP19BII - Posted by Ann(HI)

Posted by Ann(HI) on January 10, 1999 at 12:29:45:

I’m wondering if I got the right calculator. I had a friend pick one up for me on the mainland as we don’t have anything quite so sophisticated in Hilo. It is a HP19BII, and cost $150. Seems awfully steep to me. Can someone inform me if I’m on the right track?
Mahalo

Excellent choice - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 11, 1999 at 12:52:44:

The HP19 is my calculator of choice. I’ve used and am familiar with most of the financial calculators. I grudgingly gave up my HP12C because most of the students I was teaching had the HP17 and HP19. Once I became used to it (particularly the menus), I found it to be very powerful and easy for most to learn.

Stick with this one and I’ll help you with the keystrokes and menus.

Re: Calculator HP19BII - Posted by MN~Chicago

Posted by MN~Chicago on January 10, 1999 at 14:50:54:

Greetings Ann:

You have the right calculator, and maybe
you overpaid $10-$15, but if it is not
readily available, you got it at the right
price.

I paid $135 for mine at Office Max. Given
transportation costs, you did fine.

Michael

Re: Calculator HP19BII - Posted by mark V

Posted by mark V on January 10, 1999 at 22:31:25:

I have the HP10B which I really like only it cost $40.00 what’s the difference between the two to justify the price? I got mine from one of those reeealy expensive seminars.