Calculator ?: Jon's book or Calculator package? - Posted by kate-

Posted by Fred in Kentucky on February 23, 2001 at 03:46:01:

I recently bought a HP 12-c(financial calculator), bought the book “An Easy Course in using the HP 12-c” by Chris Coffin which helped alot getting started , but “Calculator Power” by Jon Richards was the most fun because it teaches while you’re doing the calculations and you dont realize your actually learning . By the end of the book you’ll be amazed at what you can do how you can penetrate the mysteries or seeming mysteries of the yield. Good luck, Fred

Calculator ?: Jon’s book or Calculator package? - Posted by kate-

Posted by kate- on February 10, 2001 at 14:52:35:

Which is better Jon’s book or the calculator package offered elsewhere on this site? It has lots of bells and whistles so I am wondering if maybe it doesn’t have enough substantial info to make it worth the $149. --Especially if I can get everything I need from Jon’s book. However, I have literally never used a financial calculator and so maybe the extra handholding would be helpful.

Anyone have any opinions on this (besides Jon)?

Calculator Power- Hands down! - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on February 11, 2001 at 13:18:49:

I can’t comment on the other software of calculator package but BOTH of Jon Richards “Calculator Power” books are well written, easy to follow, and provide numerous specific examples of how to run various essential calculations for a cash flow professional.

When I previously had a larger staff we regurarly used the books as “training” instructional materials.

I don’t see how you can go wrong with Jon’s book(s).

To your success,
Michael Morrongiello

Jon’s Intro Book (nt) - Posted by Rick Roberts - KC

Posted by Rick Roberts - KC on February 10, 2001 at 21:42:13:

nt

Jon’s book or Calculator package? - Posted by Jon Richards

Posted by Jon Richards on February 10, 2001 at 21:37:53:

Sorry Kate,

I can’t think of a smart alec answer on why you should buy our book…except it’s only $39 ;-}

I’ll be interested to hear what others have to say.
just had to answer

Jon Richards
Publisher, NoteWorthy Newsletter

Anyone? - Posted by kate-

Posted by kate- on February 10, 2001 at 18:36:10:

Anyone?

I agree! - Posted by Paul Drummond

Posted by Paul Drummond on February 12, 2001 at 17:09:17:

Kate:

I only have “Calculator Power!”, but, based on it’s content, I’m comfortable in recommending both it and “More Calculator Power”.

Happy calculating!

Paul

Re: Jon’s Intro Book (nt) - Posted by kate-

Posted by kate- on February 10, 2001 at 22:28:11:

Always a person (?) of few words.