Calculator Power - Posted by Joe

Posted by David Butler on February 04, 2001 at 01:30:46:

Hello Joe,

Well, I am beating Jon to the much here (hmmm, I’m sitting at a computer… and he’s out having fun on a Saturday nite??).

I personally have used the TI BAII Plus for the last 6 years or so… and it’s predecessors before that. Very inexpensive, easy to use, and geared right to CALCULATOR POWER (as Bert alluded to in the post immediately below yours here). I’ve been recommending Jon’s book strongly for the past five years, and though he wrote it to accomodate financial calculators generically… it does fit hand-in-glove with the BA II Plus (only $30 or so at most office supply stores).

Hope this helps, and good luck with the number crunching!

David P. Butler

Calculator Power - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on February 03, 2001 at 21:42:01:

Mr.Richards can you please tell me what financial calculator would be the best one to go with your book,calculator power?

Re: Calculator Power - Posted by Jon Richards

Posted by Jon Richards on February 05, 2001 at 21:50:30:

Joe
Dave’s answer was correct, and yes I was skiing this weekend, but I took my calculator with me. Never know.

We recommend anything by Texas Instruments or Hewlett Packard. The best seem to be the TI BA II+ and the HP 10b. The popular HP 12c, is difficult to learn and is slow. Old timers love it.

Avoid financial calculators by Casio or Radio Shack…I just never figured them out. The real estate Master is not standard in the industry, and I would not use that one either.

Hope that helps.

Jon Richards.
Publisher, the NoteWorthy Newsletter.