Calculator Suggestion??? - Posted by John

Posted by Robert on December 21, 1999 at 15:55:56:

Try the Stemmons web site at www.stemmons.com. Theirs is an 8 calcs in 1. Depreciation, payment chart, ammortization, refinancing, etc. Great for notes.
Enter 3 values and calc for 4th.

Also, I remember a software version of the HP-12C which is downloadable from CNet at www.cnet.com. Do a search for ‘HP12C’ or ‘financial calculators’.

Good ‘Luck’
Robert

Calculator Suggestion??? - Posted by John

Posted by John on December 20, 1999 at 22:16:30:

Any ideas on the best calculator for figuring notes?

Free spreadsheets - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 21, 1999 at 13:32:09:

If you use Quattro Pro or Excel, there are free spreadsheets available on my website.

The one called “easycalc” is laid out just like the yield worksheet that I use. Enter 4 variables and it automatically solves for the 5th. It uses some circular calculations, so “Quattro” will give you a warning notice and post “error” in any cells you haven’t entered numbers into. Enter the numbers and as soon as you have any 4 of 5 variables, it solves for the 5th. “Excel” freaks out and blasts you with error messages unless you turn off the automatic calculation and just manually recalculate by hitting the key when you are ready.

I use the Quattro version of the program daily.

The second spreadsheet is called “unevencf” that handles up to ten uneven cash flows of any length. It automatically calculates at 8 different yields that you can set. This means you can do some very time consuming calculations in seconds.

just go to www.papergame.com and you’ll find them.

What is the address of the Cash Flow newsgroup? (nt) - Posted by John

Posted by John on December 21, 1999 at 07:46:32:

nt

Re: Calculator Suggestion??? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on December 21, 1999 at 05:30:15:

Try www.pine-grove.com for a free downloadable financial calc.

Re: Calculator Suggestion??? - Posted by John Laine

Posted by John Laine on December 20, 1999 at 23:05:58:

I use a Texas Intruments “BA-35” costs about $35.00, and it does everything I need it to.

Re: Calculator Suggestion??? - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on December 20, 1999 at 22:49:42:

John,
Post this on the Cashflow newsgroup. You are sure to get many ideas!

Scott

Calling all programmers! - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on December 21, 1999 at 13:34:59:

By the way, I don’t pretend to be a programmer, so the spreadsheets are just basic and functional. If someone wants to add to them and improve them, we can do a Linux thing and come up with a more improved version we can post.

Re: What is the address of the Cash Flow newsgroup? - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on December 21, 1999 at 09:59:22:

Look on that yellow strip to the left of the CREO web page, and click on “cash flow”

BG