California housing market - Posted by Blaze

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 05, 2003 at 14:47:33:

Blaze–(CA)--------------

See my response to Suzanne, three posts below yours. IT will pretty much answer your question.

And I think your analysis is correct. Unlikely to work well in Sacramento. The only thing you might try to do is work the absolutely worse areas of town. You know Del Paso Heights, Oak Park, and the like.

It is unlikely to work there, but if it will work, there is where it will, in my judgment. I have properties in those areas and constantly get solicited to sell them to investors or list them with real estate brokers. Now, you should never let competition stop you from trying,in my opinion. However, you have to expect to put in a lot of effort if you are to have any success at all.

Good InvestingRon Starr*

California housing market - Posted by Blaze

Posted by Blaze on August 05, 2003 at 13:43:28:

Hello,

I live in Sacramento, CA. ( Northern CA., near Bay Area, San Francisco). You folks may be aware of the housing market throughout California but especially here in Sacramento. It is literally “through the roof” An average 2 bedroom small condo. will go for $250,000 and have people lining up to over bid each other. I have seen properties go up 30k in three months time.

The point (and question) I’m getting at is I’m just starting out with Carleton Sheets program and I do not see where his techniques would apply to this market! He talks about; “Owner financing, motivated sellers, distressed properties, creative financing…” All the things not applicable in this California housing market.

Does anyone or has anyone used the " No Money Down" system recently in my area? If so HOW DID YOU DO IT? What adjustments did you make? Is it feasible…? Please help with any advice. Thank you, Blaze P. rainbowkevin@gtcinternet.com