Calling all methods to determine repair costs quick! - Posted by Leon Blocksom

Posted by Leon on May 19, 1999 at 24:03:36:

thank-you

Calling all methods to determine repair costs quick! - Posted by Leon Blocksom

Posted by Leon Blocksom on May 17, 1999 at 02:49:47:

Mike Oldfield stressed the need to react quickly in my current market situation. Can you tell me your method or any of the Guru methods for determining repair estimates in a timely manner (like minutes). I know Ron Legrand says he has his students doing it. I’m barely into his course hoping to find this info. I really hope it’s there for the price paid. Anyway, hope you all can help. Thank-you.

Leon

Re: Calling all methods to determine repair costs quick! - Posted by Mike (ME.)

Posted by Mike (ME.) on May 17, 1999 at 03:57:43:

Hello Leon,
Call up your local lumber yard or the place in your area that sells products relating to
real estate and tell them what you need repaired and
what you need to fix the problem. Ask them for an
estimate and ad $20 dollars for every hour you think
it will take to do the job and that will be your cost.

Re: Calling all methods to determine repair costs quick! - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 17, 1999 at 15:31:28:

Leon, this is some of what I’ve learned so far:
ROOF -----------------------------$1.75 per sq/ft , more for 2 story house , more if the wood is rotted out underneath ( $ 2.00 - 2.50, including wood )
WOOD - 10 x 10 ---------------$ 35.00 , installed
FLOOR ---------------------------$ 1.00 per sq/ft ,( carpet , or most other cheap coverings ), more for higher end houses.
TERMINATE TERMITES-$800.00 for 1200 sq/ft house. More if it’s a very serious problem.
ELECTRIC----------------------$ 800.00 for regular upgrade ,$1200.00 for serious upgrade.
C H & A --------------------------$ 2200.00 for 1200 sq/ft
KITCHEN------------------------$ 1200.00 for regular working class kitchen .
BATHROOMS ----------------$ 1000.00 to completely redo
WINDOWS ---------------------$ 120.00 , installed, for windows where there’s no real winter. Add another $ 70.00 @ least for up North.
DOORS -------------------------$ 250 .00
FENCE---------------------------$ 45.00 per 6 ft , installed
WATER HEATER ----------$300.00 PAINT ---------------------------$ 2000.00 for 1200 sq/ft inside & out
LANDSCAPE------------------$ It depends.
T1-11 ----------------------------$ 200.00
I did this in a real hurry. Remember , this is for a bread & butter neighborhood here. A pretty house will have to look as good or better than the houses around it. And these aren’t the guys w/the big ads either. And it’s slso for the part of FL that I’m in. You will have to talk to lots of people to find out the deal in your neck of the woods. Go to the contractors desk @ home depo & ask for the pro book. It’s has all the material costs you’ll need… There’s a labor shortage out there , so prices will be creeping up 'till the economy cools out. …If there’s anybody w/something to add/take exeption to . don’t be shy.

Bravo Chris! Print out the post above newbies FAST - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 17, 1999 at 23:14:30:

We owe this a guy a debt of gratitude for the time he took to put this together for newbies.

I run a remodeling company and our friend above is right on. Newbies should print his post out and put in there files for future reference his guidelines are invaluable as quick cost figures.

Over the course of time with experience you will massage these numbers up or down slightly for your area.

PRINT IT OUT It might be a long time before someone else will be willing to take the time to produce this comprehensive list of common fix up costs.

You are my kind of people chris. I salute you.

I love real estate,

Mike Oldfield