Calling all N Yers - whats the creative real estate scene these days? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 14, 1999 at 02:49:39:

I want to live in both places because I love NY , & FL is about as exiting as the Lawrence Welk Show… I know , Iknow ,I’m being a bit hard on Fl , I do like it here too. It’s just that I love Long Island & NYC so much. …As far as the lawers go , as far as I know , they do up there, what the title cos do down here. That means I won’t always have the choice. But then again , this may not be much of a problem , I’ve a lot to learn.
I would be doing flips and L/Os if I were to do this for cash flow. As far as out of state landlording goes , if one uses a management co anyway , what’s the difference? I think I have some of those answers but I’d like your take because I respect your opinion - even if you are tough on Ron LeGrand.

Calling all N Yers - whats the creative real estate scene these days? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 14, 1999 at 01:16:34:

I used to live out on the Island before I moved south and got into c.r.e. , but I think I’d like to spend summers back home and do c.r.e…In the whole of Long Island , I know of only 1 real estate club ( & they don’t even have a website or answer their phone ) so I’m thinking that there’s less competition up there. I know lawers have a bigger part of the r.e transaction pie ( rather than title cos) than down here. Do they poh-poh anything creative? The houses are xpensive up there, so I’m looking foward to the larger spreads . I can’t wait.

Re: Calling all N Yers - whats the creative real estate scene these days? - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on May 14, 1999 at 02:06:02:

Quick flip - ok

Absentee Landlord - Do not recommend

If your lawyer poh pohs creativity find another lawyer

Why dont you invest where you are? If you go back and forth you will have to leave every time you get momentum

I disagree with your idea for those 2 reasons. I would highly recommend concentrating where you already are.

Good Luck

Mike Oldfield