Calling all Tennesseeans - Posted by John (TN)

Posted by John (TN) on August 29, 2003 at 01:53:30:

1. Entity of your choice, LLC or Corp
  2. Local business license
  3. 25,000 Bond
  4. Apply to State for Dealer License

Filing fees, bond fee, attorney to set up the entity - probably $1500 or thereabouts after all is said and done. You could save a few bucks by filing your Corp or LLC yourself, but I choose to let my attorney do it.

Calling all Tennesseeans - Posted by John (TN)

Posted by John (TN) on August 26, 2003 at 13:16:42:

Hey Folks,

Any other Tennessee folks out there? I know I’ve seen a few. How is the MH business going in your area? I’m in Nashville.

John

Re: Calling all Tennesseeans - Posted by Rob Ricker

Posted by Rob Ricker on August 27, 2003 at 22:55:59:

I’ve only been doing houses, but the mobile homes are plentiful in East Tennessee and a lot of people want them. I’ve turned down several mobile home deals, but I may consider them in the future.

Re: Calling all Tennesseeans - Posted by jon

Posted by jon on August 27, 2003 at 10:27:09:

I’m in Chattanooga and have yet to make a deal on a MH.

Re: Calling all Tennesseeans - Posted by John (TN)

Posted by John (TN) on August 28, 2003 at 14:18:41:

Rob and Jon

Hey guys, hope all is gong well for you. MH deals seem plentiful around here too. I’ve had rental houses for about 10 years and am looking to expand into the MH area.

Even rental-grade houses around here are priced out of sight, and with mortgage money so easy to get, its not so easy to find good tenants these days.

Seemed to me that mobile homes will generate more rental (or flip) return than houses - it opens an investor up to a market that isn’t as affected by the boom in traditional RE.

Got my MH dealer’s license, entities are all set up. I’m getting ready to bid on a few repos now - we’ll see how it goes!

Best of luck with your investments.

John
Nashville, TN

Re: Calling all Tennesseeans - Posted by Robert Lee Ricker

Posted by Robert Lee Ricker on August 28, 2003 at 23:07:15:

What do you do to get your MH dealer’s license? What does it cost?