Calling Jim Kennedy (Houston)... - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 17, 2002 at 17:59:29:

Jim,

I’ll pay for Merle; you pay for Pat. While I think you’re being humble (as usual) about your experience, I think the idea of buying them a ham sandwich or two is a great one. Let’s see if we can interest them in the Friday lunch.

See you soon.

Hal

Calling Jim Kennedy (Houston)… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 16, 2002 at 06:53:02:

Jim,

Since last convention, I’ve cultivated a couple private investors, who I have borrowed money from for both short-term rehabs and longer term rentals. I’d like to pick your brain a little bit about your private money experiences and how I might take my experience to the next level. Can I interest you in a lunch at the convention for a chance to pick your brain? How does Friday Lunch sound?

Hal

Calling Merle & Pat Woolley - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on February 16, 2002 at 09:49:08:

Hi Hal,

I’d be happy to have lunch with you on Friday. As for “picking my brain” - feel free. But I’d better warn you in advance, it’ll be pretty slim pickin’s. I’m not sure I know all that much more about it. If Merle and Pat Woolley are at the convention again this year, maybe we can get them to join us for lunch. They’re real masters at using private investor money. They’ve got quite a system set up.

Last year, I was discussing private investors with someone in the hallway after the dinner and “Blue Vase” award. Before we knew it, a small group of ten or twelve people had congregated to listen in. You know how those impromptu discussion sessions just seem to spring up everywhere at the convention. Well, after I said about all I could think of on the topic, I suggested that anyone interested in learning more should be sure to visit the Woolley’s round table discussion. Unbeknownst to me, at that very moment, Merle and Pat were walking behind me and when they heard their name mentioned; turned around and came back to join in the conversation. Having met them in person for the first time earlier at the convention, I introduced them to the group. Merle then spent about forty-five minutes regaling us with his considerable knowledge and experience. He generously gave his time and unselfishly answered every question posed by the group. It was like a mini seminar on using private investors to fund deals. I’m hoping to see them again this year in Atlanta. As I said, if they’re at the convention this year, maybe we can invite them to join us for lunch on Friday.

Hal, I’m looking forward to seeing you and many others from past conventions in Atlanta!! And I’m hoping to meet a bunch of new folks whose posts I’ve been reading.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX