Calling sellers - Posted by banks

Posted by banks on July 14, 2002 at 18:55:08:

Huntingdon PA

Calling sellers - Posted by banks

Posted by banks on July 14, 2002 at 13:39:23:

I’m doing L/O I’m still a newbie. I have a question about who to call. I was determined to call ever for sale by owner in the paper. Is that the way to go or should I look for some type of motivation.

Re: Calling sellers - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 14, 2002 at 17:34:23:

most investors say dont call fsbo’s. but as a beginner too, i can say that calling fsbo’s probably won’t produce deals, BUT it will be GREAT practice in talking to sellers. I called about 30 fsbo’s and went to see a few houses and pitched them my lease option plan. I knew full well that they wouldn’t accept the offer because they weren’t motivated the least bit. one lady’s only motivation for selling was that her backyard was a little too big and she hated mowing it! but it was all good practice and im better off for doing it. get rid of that newbie fear and things will go much smoother when you are ready to make real offers.

also, go to resultsnow.com and read the free ebook.

Re: Calling sellers - Posted by banks

Posted by banks on July 14, 2002 at 17:52:53:

Thank for the suggestions. I’ll call everone just like you said. I need the practice, besides your never know maybe someone will go for it. I guess the experienced investors just call the homes for rent? I’m mainly looking for homes under 100k that way the rent payment wont be to high. The highest rentals around here are between 600-700 very cheap I know but it is a very small community. I can do seller assists on the other ones. I’m also working with Bill Koerner besides the L/O I mainly focusing on L/O If an assist opportunity presents itself I’ll take it

Thanks

Scott

Re: Calling sellers - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 14, 2002 at 18:23:53:

what city/state are you in?