CAN A REALTOR FLIP PROPERTIES??? - Posted by THS

Posted by Bill K. - -FL on December 26, 1999 at 21:16:16:

As a FL Realtor I flip properties. I must disclose to all parties involved with non-representation forms and on agreements used that I am a Realtor buying for myself and I’m not giving them any advice. It’s not a problem. I started out in RE investing first and then got licensed later. I think there is a trade off between being licensed and not. You learn alot especially if you become a broker plus you have all the sales info at your fingertips; but sellers are leery of you until you let them know you’re interested in buying not listing their property. As long as you disclose you’ll be alright. I also found it was better to become a broker and work for myself than be a salesperson for another broker.

CAN A REALTOR FLIP PROPERTIES??? - Posted by THS

Posted by THS on December 26, 1999 at 24:46:07:

Hello,

I have been visiting this site for several weeks now and find that it is an GREAT source of information. I was planning on getting my real estate license next month so that I can have access to the mls and pick up commissions on the properties that I buy. My question is can I still “flip” houses once I get my license. I have read before that if I intend to resell or sell my contract to someone else, that I must disclose this to the seller. I know that a lot of investors on this site are also agents/brokers and I was just looking for input as to whether you beleive your license helps or hinders your investing potential.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

THS