Can Any Florida Investors Assist Me? - Posted by SoBe Johnny

Posted by jeff on July 07, 2002 at 15:15:29:

i am not in FL but i used an attorney to do my LLC. you can visit the secretary of state website for your particular state to get the forms to do it yourself, but id still recommend an attorney since you have no clue what your doing. every state has a different price range for this, but mine was $152.

Can Any Florida Investors Assist Me? - Posted by SoBe Johnny

Posted by SoBe Johnny on July 07, 2002 at 14:57:17:

As a resident of the state of Florida, my creative real estate dealings are all here. I buy, sell, rehab, hold long term, lease purchase, landlord, etc. Your general, run of the mill, small time residential property investor.
For those of you who have already done so, can you offer some advice on my setting up either a corporation or a limited liability company?
I realize it’s a good idea to do so, but I am not sure where to begin, who to talk to about it, if it can be done by myself or if I need the services of an attorney, the costs involved, etc.
If anyone has some first hand experience with this that they are willing to share, I would sure appreciate it.
Many thanks in advance.

Re: Can Any Florida Investors Assist Me? - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on July 07, 2002 at 15:43:51:

As was suggested, since you have so many questions, perhaps it is wise to get an attorney to set up your entity for you.
This way you will know it is done right, and have everything you need set up from the get go.

If you are curious about pricing, just check out
This is where you can go and look up Florida Corporate, LLC, LLP etc. info, as well as fees for filing, and the ability to create and file your inc papers right online.
For under $100 you can set one up right there, if you choose to.
Again though, perhaps talking to a good local attorney will help.
Interview several before making a choice.
Be sure they know what they are doing, and shop rates etc.

Good luck,
Jim FL