Can anyone reccomend a "Creative" real estate attorney in MD? - Posted by Neil Roseman

Posted by PatrickMD on April 13, 2000 at 21:11:43:

Steve, We don’t want to horn in on your turf. We’re tenderfeet from Carroll and are looking at northwest Baltimore Co. too. (At least we can say we know where Pikesville is. Centuries ago I worked at the ski shop across the street from the drug store. Small world!) May I get a spare attorney list? I’ll let you in on what looks to be a hot spot nearby, but we’ll need a different attorney list…York Co., PA. Lots of older homes for Kaiser prehabs, and talk about your Lonnie deals! By the way, are there any REI clubs around the area? I found out about one that meets in Parkville, but don’t know a thing more about it. Thanks for your help. We’re big fans.

Can anyone reccomend a “Creative” real estate attorney in MD? - Posted by Neil Roseman

Posted by Neil Roseman on April 11, 2000 at 18:28:00:

I’m doing buisness in the Howard County area.

Thanks

Re: Can anyone reccomend a “Creative” real estate attorney in MD? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on April 11, 2000 at 23:36:58:

Neil,
Howard County? Have you decided what type of investing you want to do. Flips and rehabs will be hard to come by.
In any event I would recommend getting an attorney in Baltimore. Many of them in Pikesville who can help. You can email me personally and I can give you a list of competent attorneys to work with.

Happy Investing!

Steve Cook

Re: Can anyone reccomend a “Creative” real estate attorney in MD? - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on April 11, 2000 at 22:45:41:

Here’s the problem.

You need an attorney to compliment your efforts. That often means one personality or predisposition offsets the other.

I have the least creative attorney I know. That way, when we come to the table, I know the creative stuff is coming from my direction and the solid, down to earth stuff is coming from his. Together, we come up with a plan that makes real world sense.

Can you see the problem if you’re the creative one and so is he/she? Somebody’s got to know when to say “when.”

Joe

Re: Can anyone reccomend a “Creative” real estate attorney in MD? - Posted by Deron Mercer

Posted by Deron Mercer on April 12, 2000 at 10:32:53:

Steve,

If it is not too much trouble could you also send me that list of attorneys? We invest in the Prince Georges county and Washington D.C area. We primarily do buy, fixup and sell type deals but on occasion run into assignment type deals.

Thanks

Deron Mercer

Re: Can anyone reccomend a “Creative” real estate attorney in MD? - Posted by Neil Roseman

Posted by Neil Roseman on April 11, 2000 at 22:52:36:

Joe, Excellent point and well taken.

Maybe a better way to ask the question is,

Does anybody know an attorney who is familiar and comfortable with creative real estate?

Is this a better way to ask the question, or does your post still apply, if it does, point well taken…again…