can anyone recommend a good book for beginners - Posted by peppa

Posted by andrea on May 14, 1999 at 08:33:40:

yes but does this work in CANADA???

can anyone recommend a good book for beginners - Posted by peppa

Posted by peppa on April 29, 1999 at 01:26:46:

do you know of any books on buying properties in CANADA, that shows a biginner how to get started.

Don’t read good books… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on May 08, 1999 at 07:49:47:

Read only the Great Ones.

A wise old monk deep in the woods of Nova Scotia taught me that years ago. (No joke). The advice has been invaluable.

Here is some great reading:

1. Investing in Real Estate, 2nd Edition, by Elred and McLean, $15 (a GREAT overview of many facets of rei)
  2. Robert Kiyosaki’s books for the right mentality and understanding about work, business, and investment: Rich Dad, Poor Dad and The Cashflow Quadrant ($15)
  3. Creating Wealth by Robert Allen ($15)
  4. Street Smart REal Estate Investing by Cymrot ($15)

Once you have a grasp of the basics, then specialize. The market is fiercly competitive (at least in my and many other areas). Specialize to have an advantage.

Good luck!

HR

Re: can anyone recommend a good book for beginners - Posted by Gladys_IL

Posted by Gladys_IL on April 29, 1999 at 20:41:20:

I had owned properties a long time ago. I am learning all I can now. I have purchased CS course which is good but I just went to a Ron LeGrand workshop and purchased his full cash flow system and it is down to earth and understandable. I would suggest LeGrands course.He gives you more information

Re: can anyone recommend a good book for beginners - Posted by rudy

Posted by rudy on April 29, 1999 at 07:34:43:

The must R.E.Book for everyones library —A Fotune at your feet by the Grand Master Guru, A.D.Kessler… also has a monthly mag of articles from many the others specialties…Rudy

Re: recent book for first time investors - Posted by Karl Grube

Posted by Karl Grube on April 29, 1999 at 04:33:11:

I would recommend that you purchase 101 Ways To Buy Real Estate Without Cash by Wade Cook. This book is a great reference to all the nothing down concepts; its an easy read; and it gives you the basis for selecting three or four strategies to focus your efforts. I particularily like the strategies for cash offers, fixer uppers, lease/option, and duplexes. This book is one click and 24 hours away at amazon.com.