Can anyone settle the "foreclosure magazine" debate? - Posted by Rick

Posted by phil fernandez on April 16, 2000 at 15:40:46:

Rick,

Let’s not beat a dead horse here.

The information has to be outdated. I’m at my courthouse the day these foreclosure notices come out. It’s called a summons. How can the magizine pick up this information and send it to the printers who probably will get it into print in about another two weeks. Bring it to the post office another two or three days and through the mail to you another three days.

By the time you get the info, I have bought the property. Check Joe Kaiser’s Dominate Your Foreclosure Market course. In it he says the same thing. You have to know the triggers that will tell you of a new foreclosure, not some info that you will receive 4 weeks down the road.

My guess is the positive posts about these foreclosure magizines are coming from the magizine themselves.

Look at this realistically for your answer.

However my advice to you would be to subscribe to this service and decide for yourself.

Can anyone settle the “foreclosure magazine” debate? - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on April 16, 2000 at 15:10:36:

In the past I have read many posts that say most foreclosure publications are a complete waste of money (i.e. way out of date, inaccurate, etc.), on top of being very expensive. So I pretty much wrote them off as a good source of leads.

However, in a recent post I saw quite a few people backing up foreclosurelead.com as a good one. I visited their site, and I thought $368 was pretty reasonable for unlimited access, at least compared to running all over to courthouses.

Can anybody weigh in on their past experience with publications like this? And is their information a certain amount outdated just in the time it takes them to publish it, no matter who the source is?

One-time fee? - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on April 16, 2000 at 20:56:24:

Anyone who wants to charge you that much money as an upfront fee for unlimited use will obviously make more the sooner you go away. You can get the information at the courthouse for free, if you choose not to, most cities will have good local services with up to date information for $60-$100 a month.

Jim V

Re: Can anyone settle the “foreclosure magazine” debate? - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on April 16, 2000 at 19:58:40:

I subscribe to a couple of local legal papers that publish foreclosure information (along with a dozen other things) together they run $150/year. I could get the information faster by going down to the “Court House”, but it really doesnt matter to me if I get the information 2 weeks late. Some people find it critical to have the information right away, thats the way they do business. I could not find the site you mentioned so I dont know what you get for $368, or what State you are in. Will the debate ever be settled? No.

Re: Can anyone settle the “foreclosure magazine” debate? - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on April 16, 2000 at 17:46:47:

http://www.foreclosures.com/pages/sites_to_avoid.asp

Please check the link above.

Which site was it where prople were backing it up? Foreclosure Leads is apparently run by the same folks who do Foreclosure World. I have not seen a positive post for these guys yet.

-Chris