Can he do this? - Posted by Rick

Posted by JohnBoy on July 07, 2003 at 23:51:59:

I would assume if it is a private road, and if he digs a trench to serve as a speed bump, then you could fill the trench back in. LOL

The only thing you can’t do is remove his sign attached to his tree on his property.

I would also assume that if he tears up the road like that, and you were to tear up your car, as knock the alignment out of it, that you could recover the cost of damages from him since he tore the road up.

But you really need to talk to a qualified attorney in your State to see what you can do about it.

As for his dog being run over…does your state have leash laws??? If so, then his dog would be a little hard to run over it if it kept on a leash which is required by law!

Can he do this? - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on July 07, 2003 at 17:35:41:

Hello,
I know this question is not about investing but I am so pi**ed off, I can’t stand it. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac which is considered a private road. When I moved in, I had to get the other 4 people on the street to sign an agreement to maintain the road before VA would approve the loan. The other day, the guy who lives at the top of the hill (I live at the bottom) decided that I was driving down the road too fast for his liking and dug a huge trench across the road and piled the dirt beside it and then nailed a sign on his tree that said “speed bump” When I called him, he just went off and said he was afraid I might run over his dog. I never go above 10-15 mph because the road is only about 50 yards long.
Can he get away with this? Does he have any right to do this? What would be the best way to find out? I want to know the law before I confront him again. Thanks in advance for any advice you may offer.
Best,
Rick