Can someone please give me a tip on how to track someone down?? - Posted by Tim

Posted by chris on June 17, 2000 at 11:32:17:

Check with the neighbors to see if they any info. The post office would also have forwarding information although not the phone number you desire.

See what you can find with this http://www.theultimates.com/

-Good Luck,Chris

Can someone please give me a tip on how to track someone down?? - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on June 17, 2000 at 11:15:15:

Hello fellow real estate pals…Happy Father’s Day! Here’s my dilemma of the week…There is a guy here in Ohio that owns a vacant house…I’ve come to notice that he moved to Mesquite, Texas. I called information to see if there was a phone listing, and there is not! I thought about looking in the phone book & calling some people with the same last name to try & track him down, but he has a common last name & it could take forever to call eveyone with his last name. Sooo, on that note I’m kind of at a loss as to how I can directly (on the phone) get in contact with this guy! If anyone can please give me some ideas as to how I can get in touch with him, I’d truly appreciate it! To all that took the time out of your day to read this letter thank you so much for your time, and have a wonderful Father’s day!

Sincerely,
Tim

Re: Can someone please give me a tip on how to track someone down?? - Posted by TEW, NJ

Posted by TEW, NJ on June 17, 2000 at 22:01:19:

If he owns the property, did you check with your town, city or county tax office to see what address they have for tax billing purposes? Just cause it’s vacant doesn’t mean it abandoned.

You can go to you local post office and for a buck they’ll tell you what the forwarding address is, or simply drop a envelope in the mail to the address with DO NOT FORWARD, ADDRESS CORRECTION REQUESTED on it.

You can check with the utilities to see what addresses they have.

You can use some of the online white pages to search for a name in the new town. You can also call the last known number and see if there is a reference to the new number.

There’s a million ways to find someone, especially if they are not hiding, which you did not indicate is the case here.

Good luck.

Re: Can someone please give me a tip on how to track someone down?? - Posted by CarolFLUT

Posted by CarolFLUT on June 17, 2000 at 19:03:14:

Did you check public records to see where the property tax bill is sent? At least you should have an address that way.

Re: Can someone please give me a tip on how to track someone down?? - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on June 17, 2000 at 11:58:55:

Tim,
I don’t know how Ohio is for public information, but you might see if the voter registration files are ‘open records’. If yes, and if he was ever a registered voter, frequently you can get the SSN# and date of birth. Along with the last known address, this is all of the information you would need to track someone down (if they weren’t trying to hide). If the deal is good enough, you could invest in a skip trace through a private investigator or process server, but in any event, I wouldn’t spend more than $50 going that route.

I love it when I have some trouble finding someone. It tells me that the lazy investors won’t go to the same effort to find someone that I will and thus eliminates competition.

Good luck
Scott