CAN THIS BE DONE? - Posted by MARK

Posted by John Behle on March 02, 2002 at 19:02:40:

The technique can work on houses or condos in an escalating market. I began my real estate career in the late 70’s selling new homes. Some would increase in value by 5-10 thousand dollars between the purchase and the completion months later. Some made some good money putting down as little as $100 earnest money and then selling their interest later.

The problem then and ever more so now is that they would need to qualify and at least start a loan in process. Every year real estate gets tighter and the qualification of buyers has gotten stricter in new housing and condos. It’s possible to do today, but just like many techniques, it’s rarely as easy as the books and infomercials describe.

CAN THIS BE DONE? - Posted by MARK

Posted by MARK on March 02, 2002 at 18:29:10:

Please help me?
I read in a book that one way to invest in condos was to do something like this:Put down a deposit on a new condo being built. Later, I may sell my interest in the new building to someone for a higher fee than my original deposit if they are on a waiting list or sell it back to the original marketers for a profit. Can this be done?
Mark