Can u recommend an atty. for incorp'ing in Hou. TX - Posted by MarkHOU-TX

Posted by Jason-DTX on December 01, 1998 at 23:46:04:

Are you a member of your local REI club? You should be able to get some good referals there if you don’t find one here.

Jason

Can u recommend an atty. for incorp’ing in Hou. TX - Posted by MarkHOU-TX

Posted by MarkHOU-TX on December 01, 1998 at 20:33:52:

Can anyone recommend a local attorney to incorporate my business here in Houston, Texas? I need someone reasonably priced and if possible an attorney familiar with RE investing and tax strategies. Or, if no one attorney fits that bill perhaps you could suggest two. One for the incorporation and another that is a tax attorney familiar with RE investing.

Incorp’ing in Hou. TX (texaslegal.com) - Posted by johnman

Posted by johnman on December 02, 1998 at 19:42:51:

Go to this website and you will be able to download the files you need to use to file for incorporation.
www.texaslegal.com

johnman

RE:Attorney - Posted by breeves

Posted by breeves on December 02, 1998 at 19:36:55:

James Robert Smith - 713-960-9696
He is an attorney that is very involved with the local real estate club.

incorp’ing in TX - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 02, 1998 at 17:05:24:

You can get the forms and start out at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/function/forms/101.html

Once you do it your self I strongly suggest reviewing your articles of incorporation, bylaws, etc. with an attorney. An hour should do it.

for incorp’ing in Hou. TX - Posted by Dan in Dallas

Posted by Dan in Dallas on December 02, 1998 at 13:24:35:

Mark:
You can save yourself some considerable money if you
do your own incorporating. I went to the library and
copied the appropriate forms from a how-to book, retyped them, filled them out and took them to the
Sec’y of State in Austin along with the fee of (I think) $325. They will process your application while you wait, and you can leave with your papers in your
hand. An attorney would probably charge $1000. for what
takes you a few hours to do yourself.

Good luck!

Dan