Can you break a Quick Claim Deed - Posted by pat

Posted by John Merchant on April 04, 2005 at 10:48:06:

Without a lawyer you’re very likely going to get trampled so hire one to represent you.

Old truism: Person representing himself in court has fool for a client.

Can you break a Quick Claim Deed - Posted by pat

Posted by pat on March 28, 2005 at 10:07:56:

I QC a deed to my husband years ago, now we are separating, is there a way of breaking it. I am in NC

Quit Claim Deeds not easily “broken” - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on March 28, 2005 at 19:55:46:

Probably not, but you’ll probably need to talk to a lawyer anyway about divorce & separation issues so he’ll advise you how to proceed on all your H&W property issues.

Re: Quit Claim Deeds not easily “broken” - Posted by Robert Pafford

Posted by Robert Pafford on April 05, 2006 at 16:33:00:

My ex-wife just had her attorney to get me to sign a quit claim deed on my house she must buy to sell this month. The wording just doesn’t seem right!

Re: Quit Claim Deeds not easily “broken” - Posted by Anjoli Jenean Adams

Posted by Anjoli Jenean Adams on April 04, 2005 at 03:20:58:

I am in the middle of a divorce. Durning our marriage my husband signed over a Quit Claim Deed to me. In the seperation process he did not pay the mortage for 3 months, the bank sent several collection notices. My credit once good credt was turning very bad. I did not have the funds nor the was he allowing me access to the property to be able to make payment. So I tried selling it, now him and his attorney (I am representing myself) is trying to sue me for breaking the injuction. What is the law concerning Quit Claim Deeds vs community property? Please Help!!!