Can you tell me what these are?

Ok this is a two fold test.

One to see if I can actually figure out how to insert a picture here.

Two to see if others know what these are and what they are used for.

Anyone else got a set of these?

Tony

And no, they are not some kind of Improvised Explosive, WMD or other such device.

Tony

Hummmm…

Not sure, but they look like the floats that go in toilet tanks from a few years back. Not sure of their size by the pic

I was thinking the same thing! Now I’m glad I subscribed to this thread BEFORE my buddy posted a reply. Thanks, Lori!

Sorry, great minds think alike!!

They do look something like that but sorry, that’s not what they are.

plumbing test plugs to seal the end of the pipe

Correct!

Too funny Don,

As I was trying to figure out how to post the picture I had originally written in the post that Don-NY can’t respond! I knew you would know what these little buggers are. Not something all of us have seen or used I imagine. Not to mention these things are very hard to find, at least around here. I had to order them after trying all the plumbing supply stores (can’t get em at Lowe’s) in several surrounding counties. Over $30 each!

Thanks Don.

Tony

I had no idea what they were. The test definitely worked in terms of posting an image.

While we are talking about images, any reason users can not add a photo to their profile? I find it much easier to spot people in a room if I have seen their photo on the forum.

[QUOTE=John_Corey;883641]I had no idea what they were. The test definitely worked in terms of posting an image.

While we are talking about images, any reason users can not add a photo to their profile? I find it much easier to spot people in a room if I have seen their photo on the forum.[/QUOTE]

John,

There may be a way to do that for all I know but don’t take my word for it. I struggled to figure out how to insert a photo into the post and that is as easy as pushing a button.

Don was right, these are test plugs.

When setting up mobile homes in North Carolina (and perhaps other states as well) we have to plug the waste line for the home, fill it with water until the tubs have 4 inches of water in them.

This is so that the inspector can be certain that the lines are all connected and glued I guess. It is not an easy process as waste lines are not intended to be pressurized.

The problem I always had was that if you leave the toilets in place and begin to backfill the lines until there is water in the tub, the waz seals under the toilets cannot withstand the water pressure and leak all over.

With these test plugs you remove the toilet, insert the test plug, pump some air into them (they are kind of like a rubber balls with a chain attached so you don’t loose the ball down the drain) until it seals the drain.

This is not a tool many of us use because we are often doing lonnie deals or working on rentals that are already set up and require no such inspection. For those that might be moving mobile homes and setting them up under such inspection requirements you might want to buy some of these.

Tony

Tony,
You know I’m a cesspool of knowledge. :slight_smile:

Yes, you can upload a profile pic. At the top of a newsgroup click on User CP then under Your Profile click on Edit Profile Pic and follow the instructions I have not been able to upload a pic yet, but I think the one I am trying is to large a size.