Canadian How to - Posted by corby

Posted by Corby on March 11, 2002 at 15:57:46:

Thanx for the comments (advice) ,much appreciated.

Canadian How to - Posted by corby

Posted by corby on March 09, 2002 at 09:02:01:

I live in Northern Ontario Canada and I’m looking for a reliable Howto for Canadian Real Estate. Any info would be appreciated. Even who not to order from.
Thanx

Re: Canadian How to - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on March 11, 2002 at 14:30:27:

The only Canadian guru I know of is Raymond Aaron. I have his tape course and book. They are basically 1980’s strategies borrowed from Robert Allen’s old course. Still valid but a little old fashioned.

Most of the American stuff will work up to a point. There are some differences. Example, we have Power of Sale not foreclosure so none of the foreclosure strategies will work. Save your money and don’t buy foreclosure books. This is a big segment of the American guru market. Also tax sales, there are practically none around here, you may be luckier but in my area tax sale deals are non existent.

Also lease options. Our tenant laws make lease options less attractive. Developers who advertise Rent to Own are actually using an Agreement for Sale. This is something else I have never heard of in the US but I think it is the same as a Land Contract.

Check out your public library. Don’t forget the interlibrary loan system. Also, many guru’s have books available from Amazon for $17.95 that have most of their $400 tape course or $750 seminar. You can check them out cheap before you buy the full course.

A lot depends on what you want to do. Buy and hold, quick flips, houses, apartments, etc. all have their special niche.

I still recommend Robert Allen’s books like Nothing Down, Nothing Down for the 90’s, The Challenge (reprinted as The Road To Wealth). They are available in libraries and second hand stores everywhere and they contain the basics of courses selling for hundreds of dollars.

Also don’t overlook the free info available on this site, in the how to section, etc.

Third time is a charm ! :slight_smile: - Posted by Michel (TX)

Posted by Michel (TX) on March 09, 2002 at 15:37:38:

Check out

http://www.albertarein.com/

They might have what you need, even if it’s Alberta.

Good luck!

Michel