CAREER CHANGE - Posted by ALAN

Posted by ALAN on August 13, 2003 at 17:47:47:

THANX FOR INFO. CAN’T TURN MY BACK NOW. I’M GOING FORWARD

CAREER CHANGE - Posted by ALAN

Posted by ALAN on August 08, 2003 at 11:17:19:

I’M 30YRS OLD AND TRYING TO FIND A CAREER THAT WILL BE FINANCIALLY SECURED. I DECIDED TO BECOME A REAL ESTATE AGENT IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO IN CONNECTICUT. WILL I MAKE A STEADY INCOME SELLING HOUSES AT A REALTOR CO.? WHAT I’M MAKING NOW IS ABOUT $600-700 WEEK IN ENGINEERING WORK. WILL I MAKE THE SAME AS AN AGENT?
PLEASE RESPOND…

Re: CAREER CHANGE - Posted by Andrew

Posted by Andrew on August 08, 2003 at 16:25:04:

Its different for everyone. I’ve seen more than a few people work for 6 months straight without a paycheck, and some make money right away. Anything that is straight commission is never steady. If you want to be one of those agents making 100K+ a year you are going to have to work really hard and not be afraid of door knocking or talking on the telephone. They say the average agent makes about 36K a year. But that doesnt really mean anything except for the fact that for every 1 agent making 100K you got 2 agents making nothing. There is also ALOT of expenses when you first get started that nobody tells you about. You’re probably going to pay about 1K to join the realtors, MLS, your superkey. You’ll also pay maybe another 100 for business cards, and you’ll need to up your minutes on your cell phone to at least 1000 per month maybe more. There are tons of other little expenses here and there and remember that even if you sell a house the day you get your license you will probably not get your first check for at least a month probably longer. Hope this doesnt discourage you, but even though all that, i still think its a good idea to get a RE License. Especially if you are going into RE investing.