CAREER CHANGE - Posted by ALAN

Posted by ALAN on August 18, 2003 at 11:06:15:

THANX FOR YOUR INPUT

CAREER CHANGE - Posted by ALAN

Posted by ALAN on August 08, 2003 at 11:38:46:

I’M 30YRS OLD AND TRYING TO FIND A CAREER THAT WILL BE FINANCIALLY SECURED. I DECIDED TO BECOME A REAL ESTATE AGENT IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO IN CONNECTICUT. WILL I MAKE A STEADY INCOME SELLING HOUSES AT A REALTOR CO.? WHAT I’M MAKING NOW IS ABOUT $600-700 WEEK IN ENGINEERING WORK. WILL I MAKE THE SAME AS AN AGENT?
PLEASE RESPOND…

Re: CAREER CHANGE - Posted by Dennis

Posted by Dennis on August 16, 2003 at 23:25:52:

Alan I work for a company that provides a web based MLS system. Only about 20% of Real estate agents make a good living doing so. You work on straight commission and you split that with your broker you work for. If it was me I would keep my engineering job and do real estate investing. There is a good book that can show you how to get started and the cost is only about $20 this will give you a good point to start at without costing you an arm and a leg. The book is by Peter Conti and David Finkel and its called Making Big Money Investing In Real Estate. I also see two of the post were deleted and I believe its because you have your cap lock on this is just like you shouting on the internet. Hope this helps.
Dennis