Carleton Sheets and Houston, TX.... Will it work? - Posted by Raena

Posted by greg buker on April 28, 1999 at 19:10:06:

every program is good if you do what it takes to be successful,hard work ,effort ,getting to know other investors

Carleton Sheets and Houston, TX… Will it work? - Posted by Raena

Posted by Raena on April 26, 1999 at 01:12:44:

I know yall must hear this alot: Does the CS program work? And what i can figure out from reading all these postings is that it depends on your motivation and area. Now my situation is this: I am 19 years old, but DEFINITELY not letting it handicap me, my inspiration is my 2 year old son and the fact that I am INSANELY ready to get out of my in-laws house. (for those of you that are married, i bet you can understand). I’m ready to do whatever it takes.

Right now, the Fort Bend County area is one of the fastest growing areas in the U.S. My in-laws purchased their home 13 years ago for about $85,000, and nowadays it is worth somewhere in the $150,000+. I’m not exactly sure if that is good or not, but it is common sense that it is worth alot more now than what it was 13 years ago.

So I’m wondering, is it better to purchase the CS program (which I’ve been reading focuses on renting out) or the Ron Legrand program (which seems to focus on leasing options)? I notice alot of homes that say “For Sale by Owner”, or just plain “For Sale” signs, and with the fact that everyone wants to live in this area, I want to start taking advantage of these situations. I just need to know though what program is the best to get started in a situation like mine. What program would be best in a fast growing market?

THX

Re: Carleton Sheets and Houston, TX… Will it work? - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on May 14, 1999 at 11:01:37:

It looks like we have some things in common. I am 20 years old, and I just bought my first rental property in Houston using the Carleton Sheets program. It worked great! It was easy to follow and I highly recommend it. I found the Montrose Area to be the best value.