Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Fred

Posted by Stepho on January 14, 2002 at 14:05:02:

I think the out of the box course is great, it teaches you many different ways to buy property with no money down. If you apply the techniques and actually go out and start making offers you will find that the course is simply your first step in the education… I am very happy I took the first step…it’s the coaching program where I think you’re wasting your money.

Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Fred

Posted by Fred on January 10, 2002 at 15:40:09:

Carleton has a coaching program available in which he guarantees (in writing) you will purchase a property.

Is this worth it? Will it help avoid mistakes I might otherwise make?

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on February 16, 2002 at 10:07:29:

I just wanted to back up all of those who said DO NOT waste your money. I did and I thought that it was one of the biggest rip-offs ever. I could have done the whole thing myself through the course. The course is definitely worth the money, but the coaching program is way overpriced for someone to call you up each week and attempt to motivate you even when they don’t appear to have ever done any deals themselves. I just felt that my coach had never consummated a real estate deal. I was thinking of asking for another coach - maybe more aggressive or one who was ready to talk over hard data, but the whole relationship that I had with my coach and all of the things we discussed seemed to be more fluff than anything else. You are better off using the course, setting a certain property count goal for a given time (say, 5 houses in a year - if that’s what you’re shooting for) and then doing the deal in the course of advertising and calling people and setting a contact goal of about 25 people a week. If you are contacting 25 people a week (and I’m not talking about strictly properties, but if it has to do with real estate investing, it’s probably a good contact) you will definitely start rolling into some deals and ultimately reach the goal or exceed it. I didn’t learn this from the Coaching program, I learned that from the course.

Good Luck

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Marty

Posted by Marty on January 12, 2002 at 22:57:41:

I was thinking about signing up a couple years ago but never did. When I talked to the people in charge of the program, I didn’t get vibes that they were really out to help me that much - they sounded like an “enterprising” group of people, who “got leads” from Carleton, but were located in a different area of the country - removed by locality as well as from Carleton’s direction and control. As I recall, they weren’t a salaried part of his team. They sort of seemed like salespeople trying to sign you up for a health club membership. I don’t know how much has changed in a couple years. Judging by the above replys, apparently not that much.

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Tony

Posted by Tony on January 11, 2002 at 07:37:05:

Hey take it from a sucker. I spent the 3200.00 I am currently in the program. I am very unimpressed. Buying one house is not a very good guarantee. I now wonder what I was thinking when I paid for the course. I have bought some properties mostly conventional by paying cash and taking my equity out to recover fixup and set up long term financing. I was hoping to learn about how to deal with real estate agent while buying from motivated sellers. I found this site just after I started the coaching program and I have since learned more here than in my coaching sessions. The first session the coach told me he had to go and that they try to keep the calls down to 30 min. Since then the coach doesn’t give me any good tips or ideas. Some times I bring up things I have learned here in the forum and he says, “Thats a good idea” I expected him to get involved with me and give me personal advice on my situation and as you can tell I am very dissatisfied.

If you just want to “buy a house” it is not worth it. And if you are looking to become a more advanced investor at least with my coach and experience it still is not worth it.

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Wall Street Kid

Posted by Wall Street Kid on January 10, 2002 at 23:23:57:

I think burning $3000 with a match will have the same result. Join your local real estate investment club instead.

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by stepho

Posted by stepho on January 10, 2002 at 17:15:20:

Don’t waste your money.

Sorry about the typos - Posted by Tony

Posted by Tony on January 11, 2002 at 07:39:18:

I just read my message.

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Tina

Posted by Tina on January 16, 2002 at 20:03:38:

Please back up your words “Don’t waste your money” Why do you say that. Do you have the program? Have you tried it? I have just spoke with a man today at one of my accounts telling him that I bought the program 4 years ago. Before I got into Real Estate and I thought I did not need this program. I got out of Real Estate because I needed a paycheck every month. I still keep up my liciense and now I’m in industrial sales making ends meet. I first pulled it out of the closet on Sunday. I’ve listened to half the tapes today I learned alot of new ideas. Then he told me that he bought the program just to buy his house after he purchased the program he bought his house 2 months later no down payment $700.00 in the bank and $5000,00 debit on his charge cards. At the time of closing he walked away with $4500,00 in his pocket. He told me use, listen to the tapes because it works. I did not get any parts out out that account but I got more motivated from talking to him. Remember no parts no $$$ I can’t wait to get home and listen to the rest of the tapes. Tina (WI)

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Mike Verbel

Posted by Mike Verbel on January 12, 2002 at 08:48:06:

What exactly does the course teach you? On the infomercials they talk a lot and throw numbers around. But they don’t really say how the system works…Anyone?

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on January 26, 2002 at 16:30:03:

I sure hope you mean he netted 4,500 out of the deal after paying off his credit card & the down payment! If not, I got some GREAT swap land to sell you & I promise you can do it “no money down”!!!

Good Luck & Good Investing!

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by Fred

Posted by Fred on January 26, 2002 at 12:50:31:

Hmmmm…$5,700 into the deal and $4,500 out of the deal. Guess he makes it up in volume.

Re: Carleton Sheets Coaching Program - Posted by stepho

Posted by stepho on January 16, 2002 at 20:15:13:

I was referring to the “COACHING PROGRAM” not the tapes and books. Those are a great way to get started it’s how I got started, it does work.

I also paid 2500.00 for the personal “coaching program”, which didn’t really do anything for me, I was already motivated and applying the pricipals. They just called me once a week to say keep up the good work.

If you’re not motivated and need somebody to kick you in the butt once a week, then spend your hard earned money on the “COACHING PROGRAM” but if your not motivated to do it after spending 200 on the system, why throw good money after bad.