Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Jackie Albonetti

Posted by Albert on June 06, 1999 at 18:00:49:

…some junk have to be clean out…about $3,500
they estimated. It really was not a big deal, I took the junk to the dump my self for less than $150

Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Jackie Albonetti

Posted by Jackie Albonetti on June 05, 1999 at 08:33:46:

I am trying to decide whether to purchase the Carleton Sheets course on e-bay used, or go for the new course through the Carleton Sheets infomercial. About the only difference I can find is that you don’t get the 30 day return guarantee and access to the hotline. I would appreciate someone that bought it new advising me if the hotline is worth paying the total price. Did you get much help from it? Thanks a lot.

Re: Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Scott Moore

Posted by Scott Moore on June 06, 1999 at 09:15:11:

I got it and 4 weeks later, I closed on a 4 family unit for $70,000. I put up $1,000 earnest money, paid $350 for the appraisal and received $782 back at the closing. It only cost me $568 out of my pocket using one of his techniques.

GREAT starter course.

Re: Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Richard Schmidt

Posted by Richard Schmidt on June 06, 1999 at 03:25:54:

Forget the overpriced course. If you want a good intro, get his book for $15 or so, and also read some of the other books listed on this site. You’ll be money and time ahead.

Re: Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Albert

Posted by Albert on June 05, 1999 at 20:46:37:

Yes.
It took me a while to take the decision, but
to make a long story short… I am buying a home FHA no money down and I even get some cash at close …
good luck :slight_smile:

Re: Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 05, 1999 at 17:31:58:

Jackie,

I recently read a post on this newsgroup from a gentleman who had tried 10 times, without success, to win a bid for the Carleton Sheets course on eBay. If you are serious about real estate investing, I wouldn’t spend any time hoping to win the course through the bid process. You need to get a course now and get started. Any delay in getting your education, for the sake of saving $100, will cost you thousands in lost deals while you’re waiting. As Ron LeGrand is fond of saying, “People tend to walk over dollars to get to the dimes.”

By the way, I have the Sheets course. I found it to be a great starter course, but it’s very basic. It gives you a general idea of how you can get involved with little/no money down, but you’ll need more meat. I’d consider following Carleton’s course with one of the great courses offered here at CRE On-line. There are courses available on any number of topics. So, you’ll want to determine which area of REI appeals to you and, eventually, get the appropriate “meat and potatoes” course too.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Carleton Sheets Hotline - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on June 06, 1999 at 16:55:05:

Hi Albert ,
I was reading your reply and was wondering
what you did to get the cash at closing?