Carleton Sheets/Just starting out!!! - Posted by Travis Aerni

Posted by JPiper on December 23, 1999 at 08:37:43:

Read the newsgroup and articles…and by the way, if your father has had “great financial success” with his rental properties…why not ask him a few questions? He could be the best mentor to you of all.

JPiper

Carleton Sheets/Just starting out!!! - Posted by Travis Aerni

Posted by Travis Aerni on December 23, 1999 at 04:03:01:

Iam just getting started. Iam 21 and will be getting marrried in August. I have really no experience whatsoever in realastate but have seen my father have great financial success with his rental properties, thats why I bought the carleton Sheets prgram. What do I need to look for and what pointers can anybody give me…PLEASE HELP…I DONT WANT TO GET MYSELF IN TROUBLE…but I also want to be successful. Iam willing to put in the time and effort but just need to be steered into the right direction.

Thanks,
Travis
Tillamook, Oregon

Re: Carleton Sheets/Just starting out!!! - Posted by DEALING DAVE

Posted by DEALING DAVE on December 23, 1999 at 21:53:48:

AS A SIDE NOTE,DO GIVE UP,SOMETIMES JUST STARTING OUT YOU SEEM TO GET ALOT ON “NO’S”.(I KNOW I DID)JUST KEEP GOING.AS FOR MYSELF, I USED TURNED DOWN OFFERS AS A LEARNING TOOL AS FOR NOT TO DO/SAY ON THE NEXT DEAL.I DONT WANT TO SCARE YOU OR ANYTHING,BUT WHEN “MOST” PEOPLE(AT LEAST SOME OF THE ONES I KNOW)FIRST START OUT THEY DO NOT CLOSE ALL DEALS THEY MAKE.WELL I HOPE THIS HELP.IF I CAN EVER HELP YOU ANY WAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW:)MERRY CHRISTMAS

Re: Carleton Sheets/Just starting out!!! - Posted by Elton Allen

Posted by Elton Allen on December 23, 1999 at 09:01:03:

Hey Travis,

Mr. Sheets gives you some very good information to get started/and to get you motivated. But the key behind success in this industry is YOU… “IF” you will be successful, it will be based on how much work you are willing to put in… AND how hard you are willing to work…

I am not talking so much about time(quantity), but it is really all about quality. How much you are willing to learn and how much you are willing to step out of the norm and try …(JUST DO IT)…

As Jim said, read articles at this site… BUILD… contacts… and learned as much as possible… and you will progress (if you work)…

(As a side note:) I have found through Claude Diamond… that a mentor is the best way to go… look for someone who has “been there and done that”… if you really want to excel… get with folks who have Succeeded… and let them help you!!!

If your father-in-law is willing … get with him…and ask questions… however… if not… there are many FOLKS… at this site that will help… I hope that you have great success… be good…

Disclaimer: This is just one man’s opinion…

-E-