carleton sheets new student needs help - Posted by robert

Posted by Chris on February 18, 2000 at 19:58:53:

You can read articles by LeGrand on this site as well as purchase his courses.

He will be at CRE convention in Atlanta. For more dates you may want to go to his website-

http://www.success-di.com/

carleton sheets new student needs help - Posted by robert

Posted by robert on February 17, 2000 at 15:19:09:

1. how do i go about assuming a mortgage form a seller that has one. and do i need to be qualify with a bank for it.

2. when i use my credit cards to help with the down payment
    does the bank look at that poorly. as i might over extend.thay say you need to pay off that balance first befor you get the loan.

3.with the seller taking note ,the broker taking on plus the first mortgage on it on a true no money down deal. is it unlikely that you can break even once you total up the ins and outs?

there is a loy of mortgage stuff that i need to learn.
I think the course is great but it needs more details.

help me !!

Re: carleton sheets new student needs help - Posted by rowe111

Posted by rowe111 on February 25, 2000 at 15:59:31:

I’m new to the CS program but am in the mortgage business so I will try to answer the best I can. When assuming a loan, traditionally you will have to prove you qualify to make the payments. As part of the qualifying process, you credit will be checked and any debts found on your credit report will be counted. You may get lucky if you pull your cash advances at the last minute without it showing on the credit report but it’s rather risky. Hope this helps.

Re: carleton sheets new student needs help - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on February 18, 2000 at 08:43:00:

I agree. Carleton’s program is a good introduction to REI, but it does not give the full details needed. Thats not a criticsim because I don’t think any one course alone can do that.

The point is you need to continue your education beyond CS. I also read books from the library, joined the local REI club, attended seminars, hung around this site, etc. At some point, what seems like an endless array of concepts will crystalize into an understanding of how REI actually works. That point for me was after Carleton and after reading books when I learned about Ron LeGrand. I attended his workshop, studied his courses, and all of a sudden, I felt I could “connect the dots”.

I not saying that LeGrand will do that for you too. Learning is a process and I needed to have the background of my other studies to be ready for LeGrand. If you diligently pursue your education any way you can, you will have the knowledge and willingess to be successful.

Good luck!

Hey Steve, where did you find out about Legrands workshop? - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on February 18, 2000 at 14:14:31:

I’m interested in purchasing Ron Legrands course and attending a workshop. But so far, I haven’t seen any announcment regarding his shedule.