Carleton Sheets.... Now what?! - Posted by Chuck Tiffany

Posted by bob strub on March 22, 2000 at 13:21:50:

I too am an Econ major and am interested in buying Carleton Sheets’ program. Please tell me about it and what problems you have with it. thank you

Carleton Sheets… Now what?! - Posted by Chuck Tiffany

Posted by Chuck Tiffany on February 05, 2000 at 10:39:46:

Hi everyone im a newbie in investing and im having a little trouble finding the courage to make my first investment. I purchased the Carleton Sheets progream and although i am satisfied with it im still confused in alot of areas. I guess im the type of person who has to actully do something to acually learn it through and through. Can anyone recomend a course that has a step by step process that acually walks you through. Also i live in Charlotte N.C where the market is going crazy its for sure a sellers market what would work best in a sellers market. If any more experienced investers have any advise i would greatly appreiciate it!

Re: Carleton Sheets… Now what?! - Posted by gio

Posted by gio on February 05, 2000 at 15:10:24:

Chuck, just do it ! dont worry about crazy or ridiculous offers, its a numbers game and the whole country has a sellers market. I’m in it for only 3 years but you gotta be out there, get the right agents to work with you to waste less time-GOOD LUCK!

Re: Carleton Sheets… Now what?! - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on February 06, 2000 at 13:40:06:

I agree, just jump right in. My dad always told me that if you never make a mistake, you’re not trying hard enough. We bought our first home 4 years ago. It was a duplex, so we went from being a tenant to being a landlord overnight. We’ve then moved a couple of times, turning our former home into a rental property. I’d suggest considering that technique. It’s easier and cheaper to get financing for a home that you’re going to move into, and by living in it for a while, you really get to know the property and the area, thus making it an excellent rental property. I looked at the Sheets program too about 5 years ago, and although it’s interesting, there’s plenty of oppertunity using conventional financing. I hope you go for it!!!

Re: Carleton Sheets… Now what?! - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on February 08, 2000 at 11:40:43:

gio,
just do what? I am an Economics major and after reading through Carelton Sheets’ “No Money Down,” I don’t know what to do. It was informative as a market overview, but a complete “how to” guide to investing. I suggest, as I am doing, investigate further until you lose your patience then buy something you can’t afford. Good luck… I’m going to read the “No Money Down” thing again.