Carleton sheets Offer Letter - Posted by Chris Robinson

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 20, 2002 at 12:03:10:

:Yes Joe, but how do you get to the seller when dealing with realtors, they woul’dnt give out their names
Joel

You don’t . . .

On listed property, you send them a note that says, “call me when your listing expires.”

Joe

Carleton sheets Offer Letter - Posted by Chris Robinson

Posted by Chris Robinson on February 16, 2002 at 19:19:00:

Just curious if anyone has a good offer letter that they use for making bids on properties. I have looked through all of the Carleton Sheets Forms, but I do not see anything for making the initial offer. I guess that we are supposed to use the actual contract, but I am looking for something a little more simplistic.

Thanks,
Chris Robinson

Want to know how to make $10k per hour? - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on February 20, 2002 at 06:23:07:

The last thing you need is a “letter” to make an offer. Good grief. What you need, Chris, is an appointment.

Meet the seller. Let him see that you are a real person, someone who is trustworthy and can be depended upon to perform as agreed. Let him get to know you and size you up. If you’re halfway good at this, in twenty minutes (I’ve timed it) he’ll have decided that he likes and trusts you and if you’re really good at this stuff, he’ll show you how to fill out the forms.

When he tells you, “you remind me a lot of me when I was your age,” he’s either (1) ready to give you the keys, or (2) about to take you for everything you’ve got.

Hopefully, it’s the former. When you’re new, it’s sometimes hard to know.

In either case, a meeting is ten times more powerful than a letter. Sellers will agree to things after having met you that they would never consider in a letter. In the meeting, you can tell them why you’re doing it this way, you can answer questions, address their concerns and dare I say . . . negotiate. A letter is a negotiation, I know, but it’s not a very good one most of the time.

The money in this business is made seated at their kitchen table doing the deal, not at your’s typing up letters of intent.

Joe

Re: Carleton sheets Offer Letter - Posted by Steve McConnell

Posted by Steve McConnell on February 18, 2002 at 15:07:19:

You could also use the multiple offer concept in a letter of intent as presented in 16-6 to 16-7 of the step-by-step manual

Re: Carleton sheets Offer Letter - Posted by michael

Posted by michael on February 17, 2002 at 03:11:14:

You should use a letter of intent(Rember its justa letter) keep it simple and to the point. then use "offer to buy realestate form.

Re: Want to know how to make $10k per hour? - Posted by Joel Silberstein

Posted by Joel Silberstein on February 20, 2002 at 10:51:35:

Yes Joe, but how do you get to the seller when dealing with realtors, they woul’dnt give out their names
Joel

Re: Want to know how to make $10k per hour? - Posted by Pete

Posted by Pete on February 22, 2002 at 16:50:07:

One Way you could get to the seller is to go to your local tax assessors office and just ask them who owns the property you are interested in. They will tell you because it is public information. They will also tell you the owners address. Good Luck!