Carleton Sheets - Posted by Don Howard

Posted by Des on June 17, 1999 at 12:16:49:

CS advises to always study. He says to budget for it. (Sounds like a man interested in keeping his students current.)

Carleton Sheets - Posted by Don Howard

Posted by Don Howard on June 08, 1999 at 14:41:34:

Dear Tom,
e-mail me for info. on Carleton Sheets

Don

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on June 09, 1999 at 09:46:42:

Would like some info on Carlton`s program,if possible.
Thank you.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by don

Posted by don on June 11, 1999 at 19:28:33:

Joe,
You can write to The Professional Education Institute, 6951 High Grove Blvd.,Burr Ridge IL., 60521-7583, or call 1-800-957-9411, I have already used some of the methods before I got the course, but picked up some new ways to make other offers. You can e-mail me at emoney_4me@yahoo.com. Let me know how it works.

Don

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Ellen

Posted by Ellen on June 14, 1999 at 22:08:56:

Thanks for the add’l info. I got my course and most of the material is now outdated. Are you in a ‘hot’ area?
Does it work in a ‘hot’ area? Many times a home is sold in this area in an hour or a day. Is the market like this where you are?

What’s Outdated? - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 15, 1999 at 24:57:37:

Ellen,

I’ve been through the course three times. I can’t find anything that’s “time-dated”, or says “use this information by 01/01/99”. What portion of the course material are you referring to when you say, “most of the material is now outdated”?

Carleton provides numerous ways to structure offers to purchase real estate. I was unaware that certain methods “expire”. Please let us know which methods or ideas no longer work because they are outdated.

Thanks,
Bill K. (AZ)

Re: What’s Outdated? - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on June 17, 1999 at 10:22:44:

This is somewhat off topic, but I thought I would post it anyway. This not specific to Sheets course necessarily, but it’s not so much that “methods expire” as it is that “times change”. For example, I have read many books/heard many seminars that advise buying from the RTC. The RTC no longer exists. In Nothing Down for the 90’s at least 1/2 of the example deals that I could identify involved assuming a VA or FHA loan. There are fewer and fewer freely assumable loans. Same thing with HUD (and other) auctions. There were huge profits to be made there a few years back. My understanding is that those profits have mostly dried up.
Anyway… The point of this is not to bash Sheets or anyway. It is just to say that some techniques that worked well in the past may not be “ideal” for today’s market. I do completely agree with your comment about Sheets getting you to open your mind and think creatively.