Carleton Sheets - Posted by Loralie

Posted by JohnBoy on March 05, 2002 at 15:17:21:

College classes for real estate won’t teach you anything about buying creatively. They teach what realtors know which is the conventional way of doing things.

It’s not a question if these courses will work for everyone. They will! The question is will everyone be willing to work the course??? The course does not work for you. You have to work it! The course only provides information on how to do it. It’s up to YOU to get out there and apply what it teaches!

Have you made over a 100 offers yet??? If not, then you haven’t even begun to get started!

You don’t NEED a job to buy houses with. You don’t even NEED any credit or money to buy houses with! The ONLY thing you NEED is the KNOWLEDGE and DESIRE to succeed!!! That’s ALL you NEED!

Read my post on getting started at this link below. If you REALLY have the DESIRE to make this work then you’ll follow exactly what it tells you to do! IF you follow through on this you WILL be able to get started and you’ll have a lot more knowledge on this to start with! The choice is yours.

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/70929.html

Carleton Sheets - Posted by Loralie

Posted by Loralie on February 18, 2002 at 22:10:11:

I’m thinking of ordering the Carleton Sheets start up package. Are these techniques useful in Canada? Is this guy for real? Please give me some feedback. Thankyou.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Steve McConnell

Posted by Steve McConnell on February 19, 2002 at 24:09:36:

I am originally from Ottawa and came down to the US in 97 riding the wave of IT people coming south with the promise for better wages and lifestyle. I have to say that I have found both…within 3 months of moving here and solely on being introduced to a seasoned RE agent and her bank manager friend, I was able to buy a house, a car and obtain a 5k CC all with no money of my own and obviously with no credit history. Although my heart will always belong to Canada I was never able to accomplish in 20 years working a steady government job as I did here in less than 3 months.

The Canadian Real Estate industry could really benefit by adopting the US philosophy of a win/win business sense. Helping people get and keep good homes is just good business. It was never a what can I do for them, it was how can we all win and we did, the agent got her commission, the bank sold a mortgage, the sellers got what they wanted and I got a wonderful house in a great neighbourhood. All of the techniques C.Sheets is teaching are based on finding motivated sellers, applying creative financing techniques and solving people’s problems.

Now having said that I am sure in Canada, but in smaller quantity, are motivated seller’s that would be willing to assist in the DP. The only problem I see is in finding both a Real Estate Agent and Bank Manager that will be interested in what you are trying to accomplish and willing to stretch a little to help you to succeed.

One final note, Yes I do have the CS course and it has certainly opened up my eyes on alot of things. And although I haven’t yet purchased my first rental property I am well on my way. I have every confidence that with persistence and patience I will be successful in real estate. After all in the grand scheme of things and the billions of $$$$ that are made each year in RE I firmly believe that RE doesn’t really care who owns it.

Please let me know via email how well you do up there. I would really be interested in hearing about your experiences.
TTFN
Steve

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Jim Pack

Posted by Jim Pack on February 18, 2002 at 22:42:46:

I ordered Carleton’s course about 5 years ago. I’ve done quite well with it. I used several of his techniques to buy properties, specifically: finding sellers who would hold a note (second mortgage) basically to assist in the downpayment and another who would adjust the purchase price to give back money for repair allowances. Both worked as advertised. To be completely honest, Sheets sells the mainstream ideas that have been around for awhile. Yes, most of them still work, but they are not “cutting-edge”.

I would still buy the course because it is simple, easy to follow and has a lot of good information. It should NOT be the begining and end of your education in real estate investing! Sheet’s course focuses on “buy and hold/rent” philosophy. Landlording may not be what you are interested in. You could buy and sell, or buy and rehab, or buy contracts to buy and sell or do land trusts, or buy notes, etc, etc…

If you are really interested in making a living off real estate, don’t stop at buying Sheets. Learn all you can: internet groups, other books (Wade Cook, Russ Whitney, Lonnie Scruggs, etc). There are books on how to buy and sell mobile homes. Find your passion. Study and do. Find and join a Real Estate Investors Club. Start one if you don’t have one nearby. Knowledge is everything in this business!

What Sheet’s course will teach you is that there are a lot more ways to buy property than just going to see the local realtor. There are a lot more ways to get financing than going to see the local bank and plunking 5%- 10% down to buy a house.

Do searches on the internet under: creative financing, notes, mobile homes, etc. Good luck and keep at it. Don’t get discouraged.

Pacman

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by ROY SPRING

Posted by ROY SPRING on February 20, 2002 at 17:22:12:

I GOT C.S. AFEW YEARS AGO, AND HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW IN H… TO USE IT. I WOULD LIKE ANY HELP YOU FEEL YOU CAN GIVE ME. THANK YOU…

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Aimee

Posted by Aimee on February 23, 2002 at 08:47:57:

I have read a few chapters in the book and I still don’t know nothing about real estate. I just can’t get it started. I was wanting to take the college classes cause the Carleton Sheets was not helping me and I don’t have a job to buy houses with. That is why I got the program with my tax money. I guess it doesn’t work for everyone.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Loralie

Posted by Loralie on February 18, 2002 at 22:52:20:

Thanks for the quick response Pacman. While I was waiting for a response I started scrolling through old postings and also got a lot of my Q’s answered. If their are any Canadian useres out their, please post your views. Thanks again.