Carleton Sheets - Posted by Paul Martin

Posted by Dave on March 28, 2000 at 22:01:01:

Best $179 I spent. I’ve not used any of my own money and have 8 properties – in 3 years, part-time. I think you need good credit to succeed. Takes hard work, must be willing to take risks and do things which others will not (like clean up trash-filled kitchens). After first or second, it becomes much easier. Recommend you check E-Bay; you can get the course for much less.

Carleton Sheets - Posted by Paul Martin

Posted by Paul Martin on March 19, 2000 at 19:09:31:

I live in Columbus Georgia and would like any Carleton Sheets’ student to contact me and let me know about your sucess. I want to also better myself and family. I see so many controvers information about Carleton’s program, that im not quite sure about buying his program.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Jules Carney

Posted by Jules Carney on March 24, 2000 at 08:47:36:

Sheets methods work. No down deals are hard to find, but seller financing is easier than you think to get. I agree with other comments that it is a good base coarse (not an advanced). Also, I think he needs to be a lot clearer on multi-family deals. I would not, however, recommend his mentoring program. It is not worth the money.

Sheets is not the only guy out there with great ideas. I think he emphasizes rentals too much. I learn great information form this site and the guys and gals who contribute to it. I am more the mindset now that it’s better to be a note holder than a landlord (but that is just my preference).

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Scott M

Posted by Scott M on March 21, 2000 at 13:02:47:

NO MONEY DOWN IS NOT LIKELY. OTHER PEOPLES MONEY IS THE KEY. MOST PEOPLE CANT FIND PEOPLE TO INVEST ALL CASH TO FLIP HOMES. PUT FORECLOSURES TO WORK ALL CASH
FIX AND SELL FOR PROFIT. MOST OF THE OTHER TECHNIQUES ARE CRAP

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Connie Huizar

Posted by Connie Huizar on March 28, 2000 at 17:40:33:

I too,have invested in Carleton Sheets program, just this month. The only proplem I have been having is that although he gives you ideas on what to do, but how? I have been looking for help on what to say in a certain piece of property as an offer. And am not quite sure as to how to do it…
The house is on the market for 63.000 (but will come down below 60.000-per-broker) the seller will assist in financing with 7 1/2-8% for 30 years with a balloon @ 3 years with only enough cash for closing cost and brokers commission. Broker said yes to note on part of his commission. I have no money to put up here and would like to buy this property with cash back.
So I am not the only one with proplems :slight_smile:

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Jay

Posted by Jay on March 26, 2000 at 08:15:05:

The price for a 5 acre lot is $3 million. I also wanted to know how long it took before making money? It seems that I have seen as little as 20 days and as long as 4-6 months. Again any input is very helpful. Thanks

Jay

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Bill (OH)

Posted by Bill (OH) on March 21, 2000 at 22:09:17:

I have the course and can tell you that ‘no money down’ is very possible. My first multifamily was a REO, purchased with no money down—100% bank financing. My first commercial property was also no money down, 100% bank financing. Carleton has a good course to get beginners started, just don’t stop there. It might take you a little while to find the right deal, but don’t get discouraged and keep on trying.

Bill

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on April 03, 2000 at 14:58:28:

Sounds like the beginnings of a good deal… Try to push the balloon out to at least 5 years. 3 is pretty short. What is the FMV on the house?? What will it rent for??

Luck,

Mark

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Jules Carney

Posted by Jules Carney on March 29, 2000 at 10:45:10:

So, do you only need to come up with the money for the closing costs? Sounds like you have seller and Broker Financing? Is that 100% of the mortgage or just a percentage? The owner-financing rate is VERY GOOD. How much is the property worth? Did you know that there are mortgage brokers that will finance over 100%? Also, what about generating a second (or is the house already mortgaged)? Too many possibilities, not enough info.

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Steve Tremblett

Posted by Steve Tremblett on March 28, 2000 at 03:19:02:

Like everyone else, I am curious about this course and
the possibilities it presents. What I am wondering is
if it is possible for me to try this.

I am a 26 year old technology professional. I make OK
money, but I’m having trouble saving and am living
check to check because of bills (car, rent, student
loan, visa…). Before shelling out $180 USD I am
wondering what sort of financial base this requires?

Steve

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Carl Black

Posted by Carl Black on March 27, 2000 at 15:03:58:

This is my E-mail address, please contact me so we can talk about his system.