Carleton Sheets - Posted by Sarah

Posted by F. Ellis on June 01, 1999 at 21:14:54:

Dear Barbara, I bought a home several years ago and used some of the techniques that Carlton Sheets suggest. Mostly the negotiating of downpayments/closing cost.I found out later the seller was a charitable person in the local community.??? Anyway, the realestate agent was apprehensive about "creative financing, (legalities???) , don’t know of any ??? If a potential buyer/seller is equipped with more knowledge of the realestate markets/financial’s, etc., then there would be more opportunity to negotiate a more favorable deal for all parties involved… I hope to find the time to study it more for renting markets. Please let me know how your doing, pros/cons, etc. Thanks, F. Ellis, and beware of some of the realestate agents, remember their out to get a commission too…

Carleton Sheets - Posted by Sarah

Posted by Sarah on April 19, 1999 at 12:48:09:

I have seen the infomercial for Carleton Sheets and I have been working in the real estate environment for approximately 10 years. I am convinced that something in the real estate is the key to “being your own boss.” Can someone please give me some feedback, negative or positive, on the Carleton Sheets program. I am in the Chicagoland area if that helps.

Re: Feedback from Detroit - Posted by Karl Grube

Posted by Karl Grube on April 29, 1999 at 05:42:33:

YOU make money “buying” properties for yourself not brokering properties! Who said that … a former real estate agent who has a become a “real estate investor”. Carleton Sheets has summarized in practical form, all the basic strategies for buying properties with “none of your own money down”. Pick one you like … work at it for 45 days, seven days a week, 6 hours per day. At the end of 45 days, you will control one or more properties!

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Elton Allen

Posted by Elton Allen on April 23, 1999 at 09:36:28:

Hi Sarah,

My Name is Elton Allen, I live near St. Louis, MO in a town called Fairview Heights, IL. About Mr. Carlton Sheets program, I would suggest this course very strongly for anyone starting out in creative realestate investing.

Here’s why, creative investing (in realestate) is really not understood by those who are not actively using these techniques, and Mr. Sheets program does a wonderful job of explaining in detail through examples and hands on training.

I bought the course about 4 years ago, it was the best $200+ that I have ever “invested”.

Also since you are already in the realestate business that gives you an added advantage.

My Last word … An often asked question is “does this stuff really work”. ANSWER: A RESOUNDING - YES!!! I hope that this helps.

Disclaimer: This is just one man’s opinion.

-E-

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Freddy

Posted by Freddy on April 22, 1999 at 13:34:30:

You are very lucky to already be inreal estate, you must have plenty of knowledge already.
I bought the program a year a go read a few pages and put away. After reading this site I am very motivated to start over with an end in mind this time.
For what I have read in this site Chicago is a great place.
I am sure if you read the rest of this site will find exactly what you are looking for

good luck

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by Barbara

Posted by Barbara on April 25, 1999 at 14:33:12:

Is there anyone in Northern NJ that has been successful with CS 's course. In Northern NJ the real estate market is strong. There are no abandoned homes and I would’t consider buying a house in a crummy area. Is it possible to purchase properties, rent them out and have a +++cash flow in an area where homes are all over 200K ? I’d like to hear from anyone who has been successful in this area. Thanks !!!
Barbara

Re: Carleton Sheets - Posted by M. Berry

Posted by M. Berry on June 02, 1999 at 14:14:20:

Although I am not in the Florida area, I am from Northern NJ, I have had one great sucess with the Carlton Sheets course. I bought my 3 family home with all the money that I had in the world that was left from my divorce. I had very bad credit after my ex didn’t pay anything for 21 months.

I bought it with my mom’s credit and VA loan with 10% down. I also got several thousand back at closing. I did just what the course said to do. I also use the lease and the forms for my rental property.

I was scared too at first, but I had to either pay $57,000 in capital gains (which I did not have) or buy a house for $210,000 with $21,000. I got busy and followed directions.

Good luck. Just do what he says.