Carleton Sheets program - Posted by Don

Posted by rudy-aus on December 12, 1998 at 07:40:52:

The Austin Board of Realtors in austin has one.
The Texas Assn of Realtors has another one.
The Texas Apt Assn has one.
or get one from a leasing co and take them to your lawyer to modify…rg

Carleton Sheets program - Posted by Don

Posted by Don on December 08, 1998 at 13:08:14:

I just recently read his program that I borrowed from a friend who bought it at a garage sale for $15. It seems that he has a lot of interesting points and creative ideas. I personally have no experience in real estate, however, I have been interested in real estate investing for quite a while. I stumbled across this web-site bulletin board being curious about Carleton Sheets because I was wanting to buy his course before my buddy said I could have his.
Anyway, since then I’ve read most of all these posts and it all has been very intriguing! The plan me and my wife intend on doing is to start very slow, probably with 1 or 2 rent homes and most importantly though, is that we plan to read up on real estate investing through all the books everyone has recommended on this site. I went through this site and wrote down over 40 books that everyone has recommended and that seems like that would more than augment the information in Carleton Sheets’ program.
My wife and I have pretty good credit and some cash and it seems like acquiring property would not be our problem, but finding the rentors would be the biggest problem. I guess that would come with scoping out our neighborhoods and getting a feel for the industry.
I just got this course a few days ago from my friend so we’ve just started, but it’s very exciting and we’re ready to start, slowly but surely

Re: Carleton Sheets program - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on December 08, 1998 at 23:49:02:

Carefully screen renters, and I mean CAREFULLY, and I also mean FAIRLY, and you will have less trouble. We always ask to speak to the old landlord as part of the process so we know what to expect. Anyone who doesn’t want to do that has something to hide.

One mistake a lot of new landlords make is that they go and get some cheapo lease document. A properly done lease document is extremely important if, at some point, you have to ask a court to protect your rights and enforce the lease. Mine has been gone over countless times by my lawyer, and is, as far as we can tell, air-tight. But you never know. Be careful.

Tim

Re: Carleton Sheets program - Posted by darla

Posted by darla on December 09, 1998 at 08:05:39:

Hi Tim, Can I get one of your contracts? DARla

Re: Carleton Sheets program - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on December 09, 1998 at 14:28:46:

Sorry, but they aren’t for givaway or for sale, either. I am not a lawyer, but I am a real estate broker, and if you used a form that I provided and you lost money somehow, I could have liability.

Basically, I started with the Sheets contract (the one in his course) and gave it to a lawyer who made it better for California, or whatever state I was wanting to operate in. Keep in mind that laws vary from state to state and your lease agreement has to vary from state to state also. I am not completely sure how they change from state to state, but I know that if I operate in Texas, for example, I HAVE to use the lease form for Texas.

Just keeps me out of trouble.

Tim