Carleton's stuff -does it work in New Jersey?... - Posted by Brian Gilbert

Posted by The Oracle of Wisdom on April 10, 2000 at 01:16:16:

I have to say that this fella from Alabama has the best advice for you out of anything on this message board! I’m from Pennsylvania and people told me that by buying Carlton’s courses that I would never make money and that his “Assumable” theorys are just that… distant theorys…but the thing is thats not the only thing or way to buy property that he teaches… He trys to instill creativity in you and to get you thinking about all the different ways to buy property…dont limit yourself to just one way, your a dead duck in the water if you do that…you need to get off the couch, order a course, buy a few books, get a few different insights into legit people, not these pie in the sky guys who tell you your going to be a gazillionaire overnight… I think your best bet is to get a book by Robert Allen and order the Carlton Sheets course…its going to lay the groundwork for you and from there your going to start thinking about different ways, and other ways to make money with Real Estate…its SOOOOOOOO easy its pathetic…but if you continue to listen to people who tell you that you cant do something solely because you live in New Jersey than your going to be where your at in the same place in 10 years from now…remember the hardest part of the journey starts with the first step…so just go fail…thats the first sign of success is failure…your going to get turned down, laughed at, told NO, etc…but for everytime that happens you raise your chances and odds that something good is going to happen in your favor the next time around… I wish you the best of luck in your RE investing career…

Carleton’s stuff -does it work in New Jersey?.. - Posted by Brian Gilbert

Posted by Brian Gilbert on April 05, 2000 at 06:52:58:

Just curious-I’ve been looking at the program, and I was told by a couple of people in real estate that, “His no money down ideas may have worked 10 years ago in CA and FL, but not today in NJ…”

Any truth to this? I’m excited, but I would like to find some objective opinions from people who know…

nope, not in NJ - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on April 09, 2000 at 08:41:50:

Nope, it doesn’t work in NJ Brian just ask your local small town banker, or RE/Insurance agent.
In fact the 20 hours of drive bys and 3 hours of cold calling I did to find the, cough, cough 6 plex that will be my first 203K loan has a total cough, cough, hack, waste of time. I espically hate the part where I will have to reinvest the $1000/month positive cash flow…Know any good bird dogs?

It’s all about you. - Posted by Dax - AL

Posted by Dax - AL on April 07, 2000 at 23:29:50:

I’m a long way from New Jersey, but I have bought over 30 properties of all different types and price ranges, all with no money down. Before I bought his course, I had bought nothing…People told me it would not work here, in Alabama, and people that are not re investors tend to be negative concerning re investing…just get his info, or any info and figure out how to make it work for you. Just don’t do what I did. I watched infomercials for 5 years, then ordered his course, then studied if off and on for 2 years before I bought anything…It’s all up to you.