carlton - Posted by gee

Posted by Dennis on March 21, 2006 at 21:17:12:

I too fell victim to his overpriced coaching program. I’m currently in the second phase of the program and feel as prepared as I did before starting the course. However, we should cut our losses and make the best of what we have to work with. We now know not to fall for the same trick twice. Happy investing!

carlton - Posted by gee

Posted by gee on January 03, 2006 at 20:28:25:

Is Carlton Sheets or any of the others a good investment?

Re: carlton - Posted by Bigfoot

Posted by Bigfoot on January 15, 2006 at 16:22:25:

My 2 cents is that Carlton’s material is in many cases dated and/or from a practicle standpoint unworkable. One’s money might better be spent by reading 10 different books by different authors. The other poster did make a good point about his material getting you thinking, but it is not the end all/ be all. Those with differing opinions, kindly respond to the original poster and not tell me how wrong I am.

Re: carlton - Posted by Bob Davis

Posted by Bob Davis on January 04, 2006 at 16:40:53:

The Sheet’s course will get you thinking. I have gone thru the course and after about five years I have thirteen rentals, a Condo in Florida and have flipped several properties. I am no where near being an expert and am still learning things outside the course that you will have to learn also. It will work if you make it work. Good Luck

Re: carlton - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on February 11, 2006 at 15:44:31:

I am replying to your post because I think you are right. Carleton Sheets recycles others ideas or presents things that have since changed. None of his ideas can be implemented in a money making fashion. The best one can hope for is to stumble across something that does work while trying to get Sheets’ ideas into practice.

Re: carlton - Posted by Mr. Shay McDowell

Posted by Mr. Shay McDowell on April 01, 2006 at 16:06:13:

How do you de-analysis and de-paralysis your self ?
I am in California and I can not get a Person Real Estate Agents and Brokers and Financing to even look at me? I want to do the same thing that Mr. Carlton H. Sheets does…move with permission from his Family tree to others with care. Oh yes and be able to carry a half-sheet of plywood when I am seventy !

Re: carlton - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on February 20, 2006 at 13:25:37:

It’s funny because I’m actually one of the students on his infomercial. My success went like this: I bought the program prior to the “big boom” in NY and it motivated the hell out of me! I got so pumped that I went nuts buying properties and unwittingly made millions as the market skyrocketed. I knew I was going to make money but I didn’t imagine it would go like this. I guess timing will have a lot to do with if you’re going to make “BIG MONEY” or modest gains through time. If you’re a beginning investor, the Sheets program will definitely motivate you to get cracking! Three years ago my wife and I decided to move to Florida(best place on earth) for a better quality of life and becuase I felt the NY market was overpriced. We must be LUCKY as hell because I found the homes in Florida to be very cheap. Once again I went nuts buying properties just to recreate the cashflow I left behind in NY. My wife and I have purchased over 42 properties in Orlando and were met with another BOOM! What are the chances it could happen twice in a lifetime? I’ve made a fortune with equity so I use it to pay cash for properties at a discount and then flip them. I keep the good ones though. I’ll be glad to shed some light if anyone has questions regarding the Sheets material.

Re: carlton - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on March 04, 2006 at 05:57:30:

That is not true and I can say that from using some of
the ideas that I learned from his course. When I did not follow the ideas I made mistakes, but when I did,I saved time and money.There are a lot of guru’s
out there.I liked what Carlton said when he he suggested setting aside money to buy books and courses every year and what impressed me was he said buy other people’s courses not just his… I am a novice but I have done 4 no money downs…I have used lease options and I own rentals that cash flow well and
I believe I will retire early because of learning then( APPLYING.) That is where everyone is afraid to go
and I still have some butterflys at times.I am afraid
that the big bad wolf is FEAR and he is real and he will eat your dreams… best of investing to you…

Re: carlton - Posted by Johnny

Posted by Johnny on March 29, 2006 at 12:00:35:

Hi Bill,

Let me just say it is kind of cool to see a post from an actual Carleton Sheets success story. You have no idea how many times I have seen those infommercials late at night. To tell you the truth it gives me a great dose of inspiration just seeing all the succes stories and testimonials. I actually got a used Carleton Sheets course from my cousin a while back. I have not read the whole thing yet, because I am currently reading a couple other books on flipping.

I wanted to ask you if you had any ideas or advice on getting into the business with not a lot of money and below average credit. I know Carleton has some techniques outlined for “no money down” but I have two cousins that are Real Estate agents and they both swear to me that those deals do not exist in Los Angeles. Suffice to say I have some doubts but I know I love the subject of REI and I read something new everyday. What advice would you give a newbie just starting out (a newbie with not much funds and below average credit)? Any advice you can share with me is greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill.

Johnny

Re: carlton - Posted by Alexander Galvez

Posted by Alexander Galvez on March 21, 2006 at 22:36:48:

Hey Bob Davies I’m about to take Carlton’s Real Profits Wksp. in NY . Would you call me so to ask some advice …Thanks Alexander (917) 992-8237.

Re: carlton - Posted by Jared

Posted by Jared on March 21, 2006 at 21:12:54:

I feel a bit foolish for purchasing Carlton’s course as well as the coaching program. I feel that I could have better invested my money through the experience of real professionals out in the trenches (realtors, mortgage brokers, property managers, etc). The PEI Lending in his coaching program has been less than helpful. I’ve had to change my closing date on several proeprties 4 to 5 times. This not only makes me look foolish, but weakens my credibility with my realtor and lender. I’ve also found his tactics to be unrealistic in the real world. The only practical application I’ve found to be helpful is that of Tax Sentry. Good luck to all who throw there money away on Carlton’s course.

Re: carlton - Posted by bob davis

Posted by bob davis on March 06, 2006 at 12:29:24:

Fear is the biggest robber of success. Don’t let it rob you of yours. I also have butterflies at times but have pushed them aside to make some great deals. Mr. Sheets has a great course. Best wishes for continued success.

Re: carlton - Posted by Shay McDowell

Posted by Shay McDowell on March 31, 2006 at 15:44:38:

So Swear back at them…to cool them down ! Do you know what no money down menas to the Government? It Means that THEY CAN…they advertise in Accords and opinions SO CAN YOU…Carlton H. Sheets knows this; because HIS FOLKS taught him and your folks taught you !.. YEP it is that simple. America lives on it.
You use the excersise to generate Sales whichhelps out the Economy…so be quiet and let them sweat it out…there is a buyer for everything. NO MONEY DOWN… (just like Red White and Blue!) They do exist in Los Angeles and San Diego and San Francisco Bay Area; and New York, Florida, Ohio, Washingtom, Montana, Delaware…you get the picture…do as everyone tells you and you will lose out do what you know from the course and they will have to take it,. You can walk to find people that are easier to work with … and "Creatively you can tell them in that you are doing it that way Because you have learned that there is a good side to the word no+know…all you have to do is stop and think !