Carlton Sheets Course - FACT or FICTION? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Dave on March 17, 2001 at 19:30:06:

Bob I completely agree with you and some other e-mails.
I know many who have used and successfully applied the Carleton Sheets method to many of their real estate deals. The only catch is that YOU must get out there and do it, this cannot be done while you sit on your behind with your hands out. I wish the best of luck to all the investors out there and for all those who are out there trying to put everybody down on an idea just because you are too lazy to do anything—take a chill pill…

Carlton Sheets Course - FACT or FICTION? - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on March 16, 2001 at 12:57:05:

I have been watching Carlton Sheets on TV for years. Today, I bit the bullet and ordered the course. The people that take the orders try relentlessly to sell “add ons”. I had a tough time getting the guy to understand the meaning of “No”. Unfortunately, then I began reading in this forum.

I’m a little gun shy now. The more I read in this forum, the more my stomach gets a little squeemish. I had yet to read that ANYONE picked up his course, read it for a week or two and actually went out and got a NO MONEY DOWN deal with any cash back.

I would like to hear from some people that actually made some deals of this sort that do not represent PEI. If you have a success story that got you up and running quickly, I’m sure many of us would be interested. Of course, if you had a sour deal or lots of problems, that too would be useful information as well.

I have read several board messages that says that tth course did not fully explain certain terms or it was unclear. Any experiences in this? And how did you resolve them?

This is very importaint to me because I’m over 50 yrs. old and my company is getting ready to close down in a very few short months. You imput is of extreme iterest to me and others, I’m sure.

One last question. I’m in the SF Bay area. How can I find any support groups and/or mentors to work with?

Re: Carlton Sheets Course - FACT or FICTION? - Posted by terryr

Posted by terryr on March 16, 2001 at 23:07:27:

i dont know what bbs you are reading but there are dozens of positives on this bbs about his course- get off your butt and do it

Re: Carlton Sheets Course - FACT or FICTION? - Posted by Art

Posted by Art on March 16, 2001 at 22:19:47:

Bob -
I purchased Carleton’s course in '94, while still in the military. Got transferred to Norfolk that following year ('95). I used every bit of my “off” time to search for a home for my family…
Well… he says, on his infomercial, that “if you use just one or two of the ideas in my course…you can save thousands!”
I employed a “Buyer’s Broker”…(as in the chapter…Establishing yourself as a Buyer…)…to help in my search. She worked totally on my behalf…
To make a long story short…we got the seller to pay for 95% of closing cost,(about $2300) and I was able to get 100-percent financing…through the V.A. and Virginia’s wonderful Housing Development Authority…(first-time buyer program). I actually got some cash back at close…enough to take my wife to dinner and celebrate! Broker was paid from money paid to seller…had to split commission with seller’s agent.
That was a TRUE No-Money Down Deal! Thank-you Carleton!
Since then, I have picked up on some other books and courses…Ron Le Grande, and Russ Whitney…books by
Tyler Hicks… Getting ready to set-off on my “new journey”…(just retired from the U.S. Navy)… I hope I’ll be on one of Carleton’s infomercials!..I’m now 46, and want the best for my family!
Bob- it works! Go for all you can!..for support groups…find your area’s Association of Realtors…as directed also in Carleton’s course…call a few well-known Realtors…there has to be ONE who knows who your local Real Estate Investing Group is… also check the listings, here, at this site…
The SUPPORT IS THERE…ALL AROUND YOU! Just look for them…
Good Luck…!