Carlton Sheets or who? - Posted by Domineaux_Tx

Posted by WilliamGA on December 13, 1999 at 16:03:55:

David,

To answer your questions…

1. A commitment I made when getting started was to not let more than 2 weeks pass after completing a course or book with out buying another. I figure that part of success in this business will be continuing education. To date I have bought 4 different CS courses, 3 of Kaiser’s courses, Bronchicks L/O course, along with many books on RE.

2. Yes I have bought property. My first deal was “no $$$ down”. Left closing with 870.00. I ordered CS in July of this year and by Sept had bought 3 properties. I haven’t bought any since because I felt that I needed to expand my knowledge base before building my business too big. I think new investors that fail do so because of not having a broad enough knowledge base (amoung other things).

I currently have a contract on my first rehab. Preliminary #'s look like a 25K payday, although I have read enough here to know that probably will change before completion of the deal. But I figure with that much cushion built in, the deal has to be sweet anyhow.

The best advice I can give, David, is to continue lurking here. For all my books and courses, I have learned more here than anywhere else.

Good Luck to you!!

WilliamGA

Carlton Sheets or who? - Posted by Domineaux_Tx

Posted by Domineaux_Tx on December 04, 1999 at 10:08:27:

I am interested to know what I am missing. I have courses from Bronchik, and others, but no CS. Everyone I talk with says his stuff is just basic and I shouldn’t waste my time.

What methods does he teach? The testimonials on TV are overwhelming. I honestly believe the man is up and up. I don’t have any problem with basic. I mean basics and fundamentals are what learning is about.

I would appreciate hearing from someone who can put the axe in the stump. Is CS stuff worth it, waste of time, or what?

Maybe a discussion about what he actually does teach, which he carefully avoids in his infomercials. He definitely doesn’t give away the farm on information without your credit card.

I don’t want to miss the bus, because of some other persons opinion. I have learned that good advice is the advice you pay for and act upon.

Re: Carlton Sheets or who? - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on December 04, 1999 at 18:48:28:

Domineaux,

I just got started in RE investing this past July. I had watched CS on TV for the last 3 or 4 years and finally decided to see what it was all about so I ordered it. Before the course, I had 0 knowledge of RE and was overwhelmed by all the terms and info in the course.

During the past 5 months, I have learned so much more, Cs does seem quite basic to me now. But believe me, if I hadn’t had that “newbie” type info to build on, I would have been lost. And I probably wouldn’t have been able to close on the deals I have done so far.

To sum it up, if you have little or no knowledge of RE, I say CS is a great deal. Priced right and gives you lots to build on. If you have experience in Re and especially “creative” type transactions, CS is a waste of your $$$.

My .02 worth,

WilliamGA

Re: Carlton Sheets or who? - Posted by David

Posted by David on December 12, 1999 at 11:07:06:

William -

Your quite a few months ahead of me! I have had the CS course for a while, but just now getting into it seriously. What additional info to you recommend? How have you done so far? Have you bought anything yet? Any “no money down”? Let me know when you have time!

• DAvid L