Carlton Sheets - Posted by Ellis

Posted by Laurie on May 18, 2000 at 15:07:47:

I’ve just purchased the Carleton Sheets Program. I haven’t had a chance to review it yet, but will let you know what I’ve found out. I am a wife and mother as well. I have recently been put on bed rest during the pregnancy of my second child. I’ve found out how wonderful it is to be home with our son and take care of my husband. I’m trying to find a way for us to be financially secure enough that I can be a stay at home mother. I too, have seen his infommercial several times and been tempted. I discussed it with my husband, and we decided to go for it. What have you got to lose? If you review the materials, you can return it in 30 days for a full refund. Once you get into it, your instinct will let you know whether it is good or bad.

Carlton Sheets - Posted by Ellis

Posted by Ellis on May 09, 2000 at 12:51:17:

I viewed his program several times on television and I am a college student in Atlanta, Ga
How beneficial would it be for me to try this program.
How realistic is it for me to think that I have a good chance of making a lot of money with his progam because I am not only getting married but will be a mother soon and I wamt to be abel to spend time with my family. I though rela estate investment might allow me that luxury.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by DMS

Posted by DMS on November 29, 2000 at 15:05:20:

I purchased a set of tapes at a thrift store, listened to them a couple of times, took notes, and I now live in the second home that I bought using some of his ideas. I lived in the first one for two years then decided to move to a more populated area. The first one is rented and provides me with a couple hundred a month plus pays for itself. Carltons techniques are great guidelines, and great for opening your mind to more explorative thinking. However, you need to cover all aspects of a purchase, such as : can you cover a mortgage if it doesn’t sell/rent quickly, can you do or pay someone to do maintenance. I would say that just the tapes have been extremely helpful to me. I think that alot of the results are based on the student, what do you want to accomplish and how hard are you willing to work? Keep in mind that no program is going to make you an overnight professional, you have to be a student and practice what the teacher teaches.

Re:Guru help!mot.seller - Posted by Matt

Posted by Matt on May 31, 2000 at 19:15:15:

I’ve come across a propert inwhich the seller is under court order to sell because of bankrupcy. She is asking to much for the property, but I think she could be flexible. I am in the final stages of being pre approved for $29,000 less than what she’s asking and What I think the property is worth(qualified for $100,000, asking $129,000). The property ddoes need some cosmetic work. I see potential in the property as a rental or private ownership but don’t know how to deal creatively with someone that’s under bankrupcy.
Any help here would be greatly appretiated. Sincerely, Matt

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on May 10, 2000 at 08:30:30:

CS is a good beginning but you need more to be successful. Mostly you need determination and the desire to learn. There are so many ways to make money in REI it can be overwhelming, but all take work and the ability to overcome obstacles. If obstacles stop you, you need more determination or education to find a solution.

Its not as easy as CS infomercial tells you, but it is real for those that won’t give up.

BTW, join the Ga Real Estate Investors Association. Go to the meetings, talk with other investors, study REI all you can. One thing is for sure, you will pay for your REI education one way or the other. Its cheaper and less traumatic if you learn from others that have gone before you.

E-mail me if you have any questions. Good Luck!

Do it. - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on May 10, 2000 at 08:02:10:

Go for it. I wouldn’t take the CS course as the bible, though. Read more. Learn about all the different ways you can do REI and figure out which one is the best for you. CS ideas will work, but can get you in over your head.

Join the Atlanta REI club. I hear they’re great.

And ignore Frankie; most people in here are helpful and not perfect like he must think he is.

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by john griffin

Posted by john griffin on May 11, 2000 at 21:44:57:

Hi Steve

I have been looking into this program now for months. I am a college grad and went into driving a truck for the money now I am injured and can’t work I have no experience buying homes. have you gone through the process and bought a home with no down payment. I called the 800 number and they refused to give any names out she stated the privacy act. I hope you can help.

Thanks
John Griffin
griffin@bitstorm.net

Re: Do it. - Posted by Becky

Posted by Becky on May 10, 2000 at 15:58:50:

What did you mean “can get you in over your head.”? Is it too much information to digest or is it too much for a novice to start out on?

Re: Carlton Sheets - Posted by Cheryl

Posted by Cheryl on May 20, 2000 at 21:03:42:

Im trying to find someone that the carlton sheets program has worked for. Do you know of anyone? Cash back at closing, no money down, bad credit? Do you know how I can get involved in a chat line on this subject? Thanks