Carlton Sheets - Posted by Greg Mangual

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on June 15, 1999 at 18:19:42:

Greg,

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s this, “If you think you CAN, you’re right. If you think you CAN’T, you’re right.”

Don’t waste another 5 years trying to decide whether or not to get into real estate investing. You must overcome your fear. The way to do that is to identify the source of that fear.

If you’re afraid of losing money in a deal, then make sure your first offers involve none of your own money.

If you’re afraid of paying too much for a property, then make sure your first offers are well below fair market value (FMV). You must do your homework to determine FMV, but once you have done this, you have just empowered yourself to make intelligent offers with little, or no, risk to yourself.

I, too, have Carleton’s course. It is a good, but very basic, course. You may be afraid to jump in to the business because you need more meat. If that’s the case, I suggest that you decide which area of RE investing interests you most, and purchase a course dealing strictly with that area. This will help you focus.

There are many wonderful courses available right here at CRE On-line. Click on the “Books/Courses” from the “Inspiration” menu on the left at the top of this page.

Once you understand your apprehension at getting started, and take appropriate action, you’ll be well on your way to making that first offer, and, subsequent, profit.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

Carlton Sheets - Posted by Greg Mangual

Posted by Greg Mangual on June 15, 1999 at 16:27:34:

Hello, I have followed Carlton Sheets for some years now.
In 1994 I purchased his Creative Real Estate Course. Until now, I must admit that I have not try to use it. I guess I am afraid that will not work! I would like some feedback from others who have purchased this same course.

Thank you!