Carlton Sheets Startup Questions - Posted by Tina

Posted by Bernadette on February 24, 2000 at 09:16:22:

Sorry to hear of you mishab but the first thing to do is just study the course over and over til you get it.have realtors work of you.there are plenty of low income housing which you have to be careful about but there are some in the higher market area but lower pricing due to what ever.I live in Lancaster Pa near the city which has become hard times but there a holes in the market place.I’ve had the course for 4 yrs and I chicken out but Iam back in it and starting to take some control.I beleive this is my ticket out.faith!

Carlton Sheets Startup Questions - Posted by Tina

Posted by Tina on February 23, 2000 at 17:14:49:

Wow! You all are so friendly on this board, I just hope that you can help me. I live in California and am extremely interested in purchasing the CS program. Does anyone know if there are any laws in California that would hinder me from doing this? If anyone has done this in California, especially in the Greater Los Angeles area, PLEASE let me know how it worked for you. I want to start ASAP, but I just want to make sure I have all the proper information first. I check this board alot, so if you need more information from me, let me know and I’d be more than happy to post again.
~Tina

Re: Carlton Sheets Startup Questions - Posted by Dan (SDCA)

Posted by Dan (SDCA) on February 26, 2000 at 22:28:11:

Carlton’s course is just a starter. In California, we have laws that are not covered in the course, particularly those that affect security deposits (in Cal. all monies beyond the first month’s rent are considered security deposits–no matter what the landlord calls them).

You’ll also want to be cautious about verbal agreements. They can be upheld if challenged.

Read “Landlord’s Rights & Duties in California” by John J. Talamo and Mark Warda (Attorneys at Law). Sphinx Publishing

Also, if you can afford it, I would strongly suggest joining a creative investment club.

Please let me know how your investment career goes. What strategies you are using, what strategies don’t, etc.

Thanks,

dan

Re: Carlton Sheets Startup Questions - Posted by Anne Beatson

Posted by Anne Beatson on February 25, 2000 at 19:59:59:

Hi I live in Alberta Canada and purchased CS about three years ago. I did review it, but it sat in a closet until recently. I have found several realtors and brokers who tell me you can’t buy real estate with no downpayment, I don’t think I have tried to apply his methods hard enough, and some of it confuses the heck out of me…but I’m going to keep trying, I would love to hear from any other Canadians who have put his methods into practice successfully.

Re: Carlton Sheets Startup Questions - Posted by Todd

Posted by Todd on February 23, 2000 at 18:16:24:

I bought his course about 3 years ago… It sat around till about a month ago… currently I am reviewing his material and talking to investors… all of his creative financing I am told will work… His forms may not conform to California laws, but like he says in his course… His material are merely guidelines, check your local laws… I also live in southern Ca. and looking to start hitting the pavement and making offers within a month… Good Luck

Re: Carlton Sheets Startup Questions - Posted by JOE MARCO

Posted by JOE MARCO on February 24, 2000 at 08:08:37:

I BOUGHT CARLTON ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO, SINCETHEN I GOT HURT ON THE JOB, I CAN NO LONGER DO MY JOB ANYLONGER.IF ANYONE CAN HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT I HAVE A HARD TIME FOLLOWING OR GRASPING THE TECH THAT CARLTON HAS GIVEN US.ALSO I HAVE A FAMILY OF 3,I NEED THIS TO WORK? I HOPE THIS IS TRUE FOR MY STATE OF NY? MY FREINDS TELL ME I WASTED MY MONEY IT DOESN’T WORK,AND IF IT DOES WORK IT WILL BE IN RUN DOWN NEIBORHOODS,WERE THEY DON’T PAY THERE RENT,THANKS!