carpet? - Posted by MikeWI

Posted by Dave S on February 28, 2001 at 24:46:31:

Mike,
If the floors are in decent shape then I would leave them bare and have the carpet samples available. Maybe offer to split the costs with the purchaser, no sense spending extra $$ if you don’t have to. The purchaser may be attracted to the wood flooring, just a thought, good luck !
Dave

carpet? - Posted by MikeWI

Posted by MikeWI on February 27, 2001 at 17:55:51:

I am going to be selling the house I used to live in. It has been rented for the past 2 1/2 years. Right now there is no carpet in the house, and the hardwood floors are not too bad, but not in the best of shape. I have a carpet guy that I use for my rentals, but I have never sold any of my properties before, and I was wondering if I should:
A)leave it the way it is
B)have carpet of my choice put in before I show it
C)have a sample board and let the buyer select the carpet I will have put in

Any suggestions?

Thanks

MikeWI

Re: carpet? - Posted by Bob (Md)

Posted by Bob (Md) on March 01, 2001 at 24:32:07:

Hardwood flooring seems to be making a comeback in many areas. I’d be inclined to bump the price up some, pull back the carpet in one room to expose the floors, and offer to give the buyer a rebate to pay for either refinishing the wood or recarpeting. Give them the rebate at closing, and let them hassle with getting the floors redone (they might just leave the carpet that’s there and pocket the rebate!).