cat urine in the wall studs - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Billy on August 11, 2003 at 12:55:56:

Zinsser’s B.I.N. It works great! learned about it from reading The Florida Landlord’s Manual. Log onto www.zinsser.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID=10

cat urine in the wall studs - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Ben (FL) on August 11, 2003 at 11:40:23:

I have a cat urine problem in an apartment unit. Aparently several cats spent several years spraying everywhere. The carpet and pad was dripping when we removed it, and the drywall was crinkled in places. When I remove an outlet cover, the smell intensifies. I’m going to rip out all the drywall, all the insulation. What is the best thing to spray on the studs to neutralize the odor? Once I spray them with that and let dry, I will kilz (oil-based) the walls and floors before installing new insulation and drywall. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Ben

OdorXit - Posted by Kathi

Posted by Kathi on August 13, 2003 at 11:19:35:

available at odorxit.com. Follow directions exactly. If you have any questions, call or e-mail Marty. His info is on the site. I would use the odorxit, wait a day or two untill the wood was thoroughly dry and then use Bin or Kilz if necessary.

Re: cat urine in the wall studs - Posted by Jorge

Posted by Jorge on August 11, 2003 at 20:12:49:

You can try the company I suggested below called Ecoquest INTL. They have purifiers that remove some pretty bad odors. I managed to remove the odor of smoke from a couch that the owner of it smoked in his house for 27 yrs. I have a few of those units left for about half the price. But check them out first and see what you think. If you contact and active distributor they will send you one to try for a week or so for free. Then if you like it… you can pay retail for it… or call me and pay half price:)

Jorge

Re: cat urine in the wall studs - Posted by Wayne-NC

Posted by Wayne-NC on August 11, 2003 at 15:39:10:

Forget the apartment, what are you going to do to the people that lived there? Were they your tenents? If so, how did you let that happen? Last question. How can people live that way? Sorry, I am appalled!

Re: cat urine in the wall studs - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 11, 2003 at 13:45:48:

Ben,

For wood some sort of a bleech/amonia product may help with that odor. The Kilz will help on your walls and floors.

Regards,

RichV(FL)