Caught in the act? - Posted by Colby

Posted by DavePA on March 08, 2002 at 14:15:17:

Yes, I was stopped by a policeman one time. I told him what I was doing, and he told me that I shouldn’t do that. I was honest with him. I just put my signs at other places instead of where he saw me. Depending on how the officer is feeling, I am sure he could do other things as well. Just be up front with them and tell them why you do it. Honesty is the best policy!! Good Luck, dave

Caught in the act? - Posted by Colby

Posted by Colby on March 08, 2002 at 13:54:28:

Has anyone ever been caught by the police putting up bandit signs?

Re: Caught in the act? - Posted by Chip (Tx)

Posted by Chip (Tx) on March 09, 2002 at 09:04:58:

One day my daughter and I had just finished putting up about 10 signs in a small area, and up drove “Officer Friendy”. He pointed to my sign and said “are these yours?” (gulp) Yes, said I. “We have an ordinance against these signs, and we’d appreciate it if you would not place them anymore.” OK, I said. “And you can have these signs of yours in the back of the car, if you want… I have been picking them up as you placed them…” We thanked him and took the signs from the back of the cruiser.

I have had police drive by as I placed signs and they did not stop.

But two cities near me have had their Code Enforcement Officer call me and mention that the signs were a violation, and would I please stop putting the signs up so that they wouldn’t have to cite me. All right, all right.

There’s still lots of other places for signs. And I have lots more signs!